IGNORED

The Rave Colonel (aphex) Track [Rome 2002]

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

Guest skibby

All of the songs posted in this thread were written by Squarepusher. I don't understand what's happening in this thread, but it's annoying.

yeah i could have worded my post a lot better and not as wrong. maybe thred should get moved to squarepusher.

Guest skibby

hey everybody look! the rave colonel has left us more images, this time from the future!!! 2011 is as close to AFX as you can get!! cmon get back in here!!

http://youtu.be/ZdOQBq20UAI

do you know what this means? it means that the best musician in the world HAS a copy of this track on a hard drive somewhere!

we can rest easy and know it exists.

but sadly, just like mozart, it might be 200 years before anybody will have their own copy :(

such is the burden of being contemporary.

i guess I'm just not excited by a lot of these old acid tracks. Sure it's a catchy track or whatever, but i feel like certain members of the braindance club have an almost unhealthy obsession with unearthed or rare rave tracks that to an outsider don't sound that special. Just my opinion but maybe I have to be british and past E-addict to appreciate why this is so good, but im american and I actually did good drugs and not shitty ones in my youth. and to any british person who thinks the UK somehow has superior or more plentiful good and psychedelic drugs, you are delusional (go eat 20 billion dicks)

lol

Guest fluid mosaic

i guess I'm just not excited by a lot of these old acid tracks. Sure it's a catchy track or whatever, but i feel like certain members of the braindance club have an almost unhealthy obsession with unearthed or rare rave tracks that to an outsider don't sound that special. Just my opinion but maybe I have to be british and past E-addict to appreciate why this is so good, but im american and I actually did good drugs and not shitty ones in my youth. and to any british person who thinks the UK somehow has superior or more plentiful good and psychedelic drugs, you are delusional (go eat 20 billion dicks)

Steady now

I have a question for ya'll...

Speaking of acid, would you guys consider the Analogue Bubblebath stuff acid?

Or better yet, can techno/house still be "acid" if doesn't have a bubbling 303?

cuz, i'll say this:

I absolutely love the AB releases, especially AB3- arguably my all time fav afx release.. and I've thought of that release as containing some definite acid/rave/techno goodness.. but then I hear stuff like Analord and Luke Vibert, etc and that's pretty purist acid right?

oh semantics, such a fun game!

( i feel like my 15-yr old punk rock self during lunch break in hs asking my friends with mohawks if they think band xyz is punk enough to be considered real punk lol)

http://youtu.be/HFYOiwH9EgY

http://youtu.be/tpWhLcRy3wc

Edited by Lane Visitor

From Wikipedia :

"Acid house is a sub-genre of house music developed around the mid-1980s by DJs from Chicago, Illinois. The defining feature of a 'squelching' bass sound was produced using the Roland TB-303 electronic synthesizer-sequencer."

So, by extension, every piece of music featuring a TB-303 is acid music.

• 9 years later...

BUMP!

Where can I found old announcement about all these releases inkl a CAT043 : PCP - Total Sickness. 
a compilation of Mover and Mescalinum United track

Old Watmm guest wrote: 

hmm, i knew about ig-88 being grant, but is that record released at all?

and the rave colonel - 12" sounds to good to be true, maybe one of those aphex-stories?! releasing one unbelievable good record and dying in a car crash after that smells too much like a made-up 'rocknroll'-mystery...

and what about these:

CAT 003 Strong Island Players (1 sided promo) 

CAT 011 Green Calx (2 track picture disc) 

CAT 013 Space Avenger (cassette) 

NCC 1701 IG-88 / Voafose and Ohm (double A side 4 track 12") 

TR 606 The Cyberchildren (3 track, club use only) 

??

12 hours ago, cern said:
BUMP!

Where can I found old announcement about all these releases inkl a CAT043 : PCP - Total Sickness. 
a compilation of Mover and Mescalinum United track

Old Watmm guest wrote: 

Not sure about total sickness but there's a good record called pcp ep on r&s featuring the mover (frontal sickness) and mesc utd, not sure if rephlex were going to repress it or a newer one by the same artists

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cern said:

BUMP!

TR 606 The Cyberchildren (3 track, club use only) 

I thought this last one was supposed to be Universal Indicator Red (even though it has more than 3 tracks)

• Like 1