IGNORED

The Rave Colonel (aphex) Track [Rome 2002]

Guest Little Lord Faulteroy

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/11144-q-chasticmelodies-from-mars/

in one of the most historical threads in WATMM-history, they were talking about an unreleased track by 'the rave colonel' (possibly another aphex-alias), called "K7AC1D" that "It is supposed to have 5 TB-303's overlaid on top of each other creating some very dynamic and original acid sounds. The only people with copies are Grant Wilson Claridge, Aphex, Cylob and MuZiq (I even had a little chat with Mike Paradinas about this a few years ago and he told me that he's got 5 copies in his garage and he's not ever letting them see the light of day apart from maybe very occasionally playing it in a DJ set)." (quoted from 2WV). they say it was played by Richard during his famous gig in Rome 2002. does anybody know if they were talking about this track

the famous Aphex/squarepusher-thing

or this (the first track)?

:wink:

yeah, both those tracks sound very squarepusher-ish, they were probably referencing to both. thanks for helping :wink:

i guess I'm just not excited by a lot of these old acid tracks. Sure it's a catchy track or whatever, but i feel like certain members of the braindance club have an almost unhealthy obsession with unearthed or rare rave tracks that to an outsider don't sound that special. Just my opinion but maybe I have to be british and past E-addict to appreciate why this is so good, but im american and I actually did good drugs and not shitty ones in my youth. and to any british person who thinks the UK somehow has superior or more plentiful good and psychedelic drugs, you are delusional (go eat 20 billion dicks)

Edited by John Ehrlichman

i guess I'm just not excited by a lot of these old acid tracks. Sure it's a catchy track or whatever, but i feel like certain members of the braindance club have an almost unhealthy obsession with unearthed or rare rave tracks that to an outsider don't sound that special. Just my opinion but maybe I have to be british and past E-addict to appreciate why this is so good, but im american and I actually did good drugs and not shitty ones in my youth. and to any british person who thinks the UK somehow has superior or more plentiful good and psychedelic drugs, you are delusional (go eat 20 billion dicks)

Hey John Ehrelichman... You were awepittance before right?

Sorry this has absolutely no bearing on ANYTHING but for some reason I thought awepittance had the gender listed as female?

=/

Edited by StephenG

ooooo didn't know this song was played in '02. Fucking love it. Could b RDJ or Squarepusher. I first heard it from Sonar 2011 which is well better quality & slower tempo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI

Edit: Some guy in 02 (before the Rome gig) was talking bout it here http://analogue.bytenoise.co.uk/message/246e2e86210273b5a26c67caec71a62c7e824ce1

He says the guy who made the track died hmm

Edited by Chris Toffer

i love these tracks. they are like a cross between acid and a dr who theme

I always got the Doctor Who vibe from this track. Mental tune.

Edited by beerwolf

If I ever bumped in Lord James and perhaps conjuring up the nerve to say hello, I'd first try to have a bit of banter with him before cutting to the chase and asking him about this track and wether it would see the light of day. It would be my one and only question because its fucking mental and I want it!!! :happy:

Guest skibby

it would be funny to go up to him and say "when are you gonna release that one track?"

and he goes "which one?"

and you go "the one that goes like 'byew byu be- byu..."

and that was your one chance to ask him anything in the world and he thought you were doing a bill cosby impression.

Edited by skibby

^ that sounds like the 5 303's track. especially near the end of the vid

spuarepusher said he pulled these from the vault. doesnt mean its all him. could have been a collab. remember MEN records?

• 2 weeks later...

[youtubehd]78H1ims6vWA[/youtubehd]

OMG THAT'S DOPE. So many possible afx unreleased tracks that ive never hard arerrggghhhh! i wanna rip all of these from youtube and make my own "Possible-rdj-unreleased-tracks-compilation.. and then drive south on the freeway into the sunset and cruise to all of the good mysterious unreleased-ness (:

or this (the first track)?

:wink:

those descending high pitch synth chords in that pattern remind me so much of the demo track that loads by default when you initially open up reason 2.5 lolol

... anyone else notice???

Edited by Lane Visitor

Guest skibby

sleightly off topic, but if you listen carefully to this song, you will hear references to the rave colonel track, but this work seems to say "im busy making drukqs in a DAW, i'll do the hardware thing again in a couple years."

https://soundcloud.com/nelesrecords/11-trackermatte-kashmir-3

by the way, get in there and start listening to this stuff already, there's a lot of answers in these works if u wanna know what RDJ might have theoretically been doing back in the day.

i'm not trying to imply that trackermatte is colonel cornwallis, just listen to the song to hear your glimpse of the rave colonel melody. it happens at about one and a half places, for a moment only.

On 8/16/2013 at 7:49 PM, Oscar said:

All of the songs posted in this thread were written by Squarepusher. I don't understand what's happening in this thread, but it's annoying.

Edit

Edited by beerwolf