IGNORED

Swing in Ableton

Guest The Bro

guys, seriously, don't add grooves. it's so bad. if you are using Mac, just go into 16th notes in the MIDI sequencer window at the bottom and then hit command+3 to switch to triplets. after you put in your triplet hi hats or whatever, then you can select the whole row, turn off the guide (right click/off), and drag them a little to make the swing more human. I use that all the time for more natural sounding flams.

A quick swing roundup: the easiest way to think of swing is a kick and a snare occurring normally on the 1 and the 3, but the hi hat in between is past the 2, not right on it.

^^^ tried that, worked way better than the groove shit.

Still boggles my mind how they couldn't impliment a midi swing like even something as basic as my EMX-1 has. The Groove thing in Live 9 is my least favorite feature so far, aside from latency issues, but that is probably more to do with no firewire and a cheap lexicon interface than Live 9 as when I use an Mbox2 it works perfectly in sync.

I'm using the Appegiator for swing in Ableton. Sort of half works although its a bit fiddly. Sometimes I manually do it too but I'm not a pro at that.

Archived