IGNORED

Tricky - Valentine feat. Francesca Belmonte (Andy Stott Remix)

chassis

I'm confused. And that might be a good sign. This might be completely inspired awesome sexy shit, or just on giant giant turd of schtick.

I need to be under the spell of some unnamed substance to verify.

*grabs a cola from the fridge*

good ol tricky, full of coke and convinced he is amazing.

even though he isn't. this is ok, but he's riding on the back of his producers and the fact that he admittedly has an amazing voice.

more of this?

nah.

Oh yeah, new Salem!

LOL

I dunno who Tricky is, does he have something to do with Salem?

I really like this track though. You're all welcome to disagree, but you have to do it offline in a hole in your own back garden.

If you dont have a back garden, a local park will do.

If you don't know who Tricky is, you have to insta buy his '95 album Maxinquaye. His first album (solo, he was part of massive attack before) and imo his best. In my book it's in the top3 best albums released in '95 and because that was a f-ing good year, that should say a lot.

Imo, it still sounds as good as it did back then.

Tricky-Maxinquaye.jpg

Thanks to youtube copywrong politics the vid is unwatchable at my end. Is there a soundcloud link as well?
I don't get why so many promos are first uploaded to youtube- not all countries are cool with the content.

EDIT: found ya:

I like how the clickety clack from the starting noise becames integral part of the music.

Rather nuke-juke music. I am not sure if I be impressed judged from Andy's last remixes (Holy Other, THITH, Maps) but I give it a few more spins.

LOL @ the SALEM comparison. Not many suicide synths on the track for that.

Tricky's frist few albums are stone cold classics and should be known by all. The Andy Stott remix of this is good, but only heard it once, and need more spins for sure. I hate beeing at work and not able to listen to music while I throw mye time away surfing wattm.

Guest Ron Manager

Rather nuke-juke music. I am not sure if I be impressed judged from Andy's last remixes (Holy Other, THITH, Maps) but I give it a few more spins.

ditto. listened to this a couple of times now and i'm not feeling it.

Archived