BCM

Envmod

so i thought i'd practice what I preach and start a thread to contain all my future YLC tracks.

to kick off - did this weird atonal analogue funk thing today.  i quite like it although it's all kind of wrong :cat: :

https://soundcloud.com/b-c-m/atfunkm

Edited by BCM

Guest skibby

you're DRGLR! I just found your stuff a couple days ago on Soundcloud, and it became a playlist on my mp3 player. Really enjoy your sounds. what's YLC?

Yang's Lifesaving Club

Edited by 2WV

Guest skibby

is this analogue equipment and summing or? i imagine i'm hearing roland outboard gear. but there's a nice bite to the tone in general, everything fits nicely. almost goes without saying its a lush composition. many compliments.

Thanks, yeah there's some Roland and Korg hardware recorded into reaper with some plugin reverb and mastering etc...

wow, that atmfunk is awesome !!! i love the connection between melody and those robotic sqeeks :music:

:braindance:

This is awesome.

first attempt at a track using my new dsi evolver! everything on the track (including sequencing) done with it...bit of an experimental electro-y type number...

https://soundcloud.com/b-c-m/tit-1-9

Edited by 2WV

very very nice!

Man I'd love to have an Evolver to twiddle around with. Some very Bucephalus Bouncing Ball-ish sounds coming out of the little bugger. Nice!

cheers dudes! yeah I'm really liking it so far...not had a chance to play about with it too much for the last few days as have been crazy busy at work and shattered when I get home but will hopefully get back into it this weekend :)

Nice. Is there a Volca keys in there by any chance?

Thanks! No Volca...this was done with the DSI Evolver and a TR-626...

Ah sweet. Got myself a keys for Christmas, it's got a pretty similar vibe to the Evolver stuff on that track!

@ 1st. track: i totally dig this, very nice oldschool feeling. the only thing that messed me a little bit up was the detuned melody, it doesn't really fit into the entire picture in my opinion (thats just my humble opinion)

those stabs (the ones in the intro) are gorgeous ! definitely my favorite element <3

edit: the melody on it's own is quite sweet! it's just the contrast, i'm usually a big fan of contrasts but this one doesn't fit for my ears

thanks for sharing, keep up the good work
cheers

qatarsis

Edited by Qatarsis

cheers! I actually agree with you about the detuned melody part...does seem out of place sort of...ah well *shrugs*

add 303

i like the last one best but theyre all good

youre getting some nice juicy sounds out of the evolver

I like the playfulness in this one :)

My only criticism is that I wish the intro was more like the ending where it's nothing but the 303 (or whatever it is) and a 4/4 kick. Also, I'm not entirely sure that I like the hihat... but I guess that's the kind of hihat that goes with that kind of music :)