IGNORED

The Inventor of The Doner is 'Brown Bread'...a goner.

ravedamage

god damn. we call it donair. gimme a donair.

just discovered that donair poutine exists. oh lourde

You Left-Atlantic dwellers are pretty creative with your spelling, eh?

Just as well we have a sense of 'humor' on this side of the po(u)nd!

:emotawesomepm9:

I'm listening to The Fall's 'Difficult Second Kebab', off of the infamous 'Surrely Elephant' bootleg. Worth tracking down. Reminds me of Lou.

#Surly #ElephantLeg #Bootleg

#Kebab #Legend

#NoSalad

Tribute to Kebab Genius by British Artist Sarah Lucas:

lbtfig1.png

I don't think this guy "invented" the doner kebab but RIP nevertheless.

come on man have some respect his body isnt even rapped in flatbread yet

FLOLOCOPTERS

Related Stories: How unhealthy is a doner kebab? (Wednesday, 21 January 2009)

The doner - whose inventor Mahmut Aygun has passed away at the ripe old age of 87 - has had much bad press of late, with reports of questionable meat and hygiene practices, and stratospheric salt and fat levels.

3Uuh2nA.gif

Very interesting. :watmm:

I estimate I've had somewhere between 300 and 400 kebabs in my lifetime. Probably more, who really knows.

I weigh about 77kgs, so I may have actually eaten my own bodyweight in kebabs over the years.

It was an ambition of sorts, if I'm being honest.

Anyway, enough sad, now gonna listen to Metal Machine Music.

too-stressed-answer-these-5-questions-39

I'm not sure I agree with you a hundred percent on your police work, there, deer.

Popular legend has it that Marco Polo introduced pasta to Italy following his exploration of the Far East in the late 13th century; however, we can trace pasta back as far as the fourth century B.C., where an Etruscan tomb showed a group of natives making what appears to be pasta.

The Chinese were making a noodle-like food as early as 3000 B.C. And Greek mythology suggests that the Greek God Vulcan invented a device that made strings of dough (the first spaghetti!).

Pasta made its way to the New World through the English, who discovered it while touring Italy. Colonists brought to America the English practice of cooking noodles at least one half hour, then smothering them with cream sauce and cheese. But it was Thomas Jefferson who is credited with bringing the first "maccaroni" machine to America in 1789 when he returned home after serving as ambassador to France.

The first industrial pasta factory in America was built in Brooklyn in 1848 by, of all people, a Frenchman, who spread his spaghetti strands on the roof to dry in the sunshine.

Archived