IGNORED

Fox News Goes After Pope

LimpyLoo

i no some christians who bathe in the blood of virgins to stay young for longer than normal

to get the blood they had to kill them

pretty common probly

but who of us havent killed. or cast any stones

ps- sarcasm

what murderous christians do you kno, limpy? i was in a church once, and there really were no dead babies

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i no some christians who bathe in the blood of virgins to stay young for longer than normal

to get the blood they had to kill them

pretty common probly

but who of us havent killed. or cast any stones

ps- sarcasm

what murderous christians do you kno, limpy? i was in a church once, and there really were no dead babies

I'm talking history yo

Good Christian used to mean something frighteningly different

This 'love thy neighbor' shit is cherrypicked as all fuck

Christians used to be brutal

Burnings and stonings and shit

Metal as fuck imo

oh, so long dead ones

limpy makes it sound like all current ones are bloodthirsty maniacs

im just wondering if i missed something really fucked (and maybe awesome) when i feel asleep during church as a kid

oh, so long dead ones

limpy makes it sound like all current ones are bloodthirsty maniacs

im just wondering if i missed something really fucked (and maybe awesome) when i feel asleep during church as a kid

Yeah a dude lookin like Varg Vikerns walked in and ripped a baby in half like a phone book

oh, so long dead ones

yeah, the first ones are dead.

Check out the Lord's Resistance Army, the IRA, the Catholic Reaction Force, the National Liberation Front of Tripura, Anders Behring Brevik, and a few others. They are a little more recent.

oh, so long dead ones

Check out the Lord's Resistance Army, the IRA, the Catholic Reaction Force, the National Liberation Front of Tripura, Anders Behring Brevik, and a few others. They are a little more recent.

ok so, could we maybe call these ppl 'bad christians'? i guess my main issue is with the idea that somehow because there are bad people doing bad things, as christians, or who have done bad things hundreds of yrs ago, that nobody can call anyone a 'good christian'. seems to me like you actually need 'bad christians' to define what would make a 'good christian'.

oh, so long dead ones

ok so, could we maybe call these ppl 'bad christians'? i guess my main issue is with the idea that somehow because there are bad people doing bad things, as christians, or who have done bad things hundreds of yrs ago, that nobody can call anyone a 'good christian'. seems to me like you actually need 'bad christians' to define what would make a 'good christian'.

i think there are plenty of good people who are christians. but that's very different. and it's certainly different if you are the head of an organization guilty of particularly egregious crimes.

edit: I'll admit I'm in the minority here, but what exactly is wrong with me being skeptical about the man's intentions, and the rest of the world's sudden acceptance of him as some sort of cultural hero? If I remember correctly, I was reading tons of posts a few weeks ago about child molesters in prison should be raped and abused repeatedly as long as they live.

This man represents an organization whose members raped children. Their response? Move the rapists to other churches. No prosecution. The previous Pope issuing the equivalent of an apology letter isn't enough to reaffirm my trust in the church (assuming I had any in the first place). So I dunno, fucking forgive me or something.

oh, so long dead ones

The whole point is that the bible is barbaric

And it is not unreasonable to say

That a 'good Christian'

Is someone who stones unruly children

Who helps god carry out his genocides

Who dutifully builds an ark when god decides to drown everyone

Who doesn't wear mixed fabrics

Who dutifully kills anyone found working on the sabbath

Who kills his wIfe himself when she turns her heart from god

'Love thy neighbor' is just one suggestion among many

@sr4 - very different from wat? the whole reason i got on this kick was specifically because of limpys statement about how the term 'good christian' was a term describing something that can't possibly exist. you can come up with a million examples of 'bad christians', it still doesn't somehow mean there can't be one single good one. this is all beside the pope issue..

that's the old testament limpy, Jesus pretty much goes against all that stuff. It's like a different religion, man. I never fully understood how the Christians make the two parts fit together, rationally. but I guess you're not very rational when you believe.

@sr4 - very different from wat? the whole reason i got on this kick was specifically because of limpys statement about how the term 'good christian' was a term describing something that can't possibly exist. you can come up with a million examples of 'bad christians', it still doesn't somehow mean there can't be one single good one. this is all beside the pope issue..

limpy was referring to "good Christian" in the sense of "a Christian who rigidly adheres to all teachings of the Bible". Doctrinally good, not morally good.

The whole point is that the bible is barbaric

And it is not unreasonable to say

That a 'good Christian'

Is someone who stones unruly children

Who helps god carry out his genocides

Who dutifully builds an ark when god decides to drown everyone

Who doesn't wear mixed fabrics

Who dutifully kills anyone found working on the sabbath

Who kills his wIfe himself when she turns her heart from god

'Love thy neighbor' is just one suggestion among many

well that would be according to one specific definition of what makes a 'good christian', which would be that they follow your, limpyloo's interpretation of biblical passages, which luke already pointed out may not be exactly what is intended by the book.

other people might say someone is a 'good christian' if they DON'T kill people

like some guy might say 'yeah that bob down the street, he hasn't killed anyone, i know of. what a good christian'

or even maybe bob actually not only not killed people, but built a jungle gym for the kids in the neighborhood to play on instead of sniffing crack up their asses

people could call that a good christian bob

The whole misconception is with the word 'good'

The myth is that the bible is this beacon of love and compassion

And that a 'good Christian' is one who follows it's teachings

Where in reality

The person who follows it's teachings

The 'good Christian'

Is in reality a person that would quite frighten me

And not very 'good' in the usual sense

im gonna bow out of this one, but suffice to say, there are some serious epistemological problems with "how do you know the Bible was supposed to be read/taught that way".

that's the old testament limpy, Jesus pretty much goes against all that stuff. It's like a different religion, man. I never fully understood how the Christians make the two parts fit together, rationally. but I guess you're not very rational when you believe.

So like God went on Prozac and Valium for the New Testament?

limpy was referring to "good Christian" in the sense of "a Christian who rigidly adheres to all teachings of the Bible". Doctrinally good, not morally good.

the teachings of the bible are very much open to interpretation

and i doubt too many people ever called someone a 'good christian' without at least partly referring to their morals, even if mostly using it in the sense of how close they follow the doctrine

probably even your average church-goer has their own ideas about right and wrong, and i would guess that most of them don't really understand everything or lots of whats in the bible, and substitute those vacuous spaces with their own ideas. so if they see a christian doing charity work, and say they are a good christian, they probably mean it both ways. i just doubt that many active christians who are calling anyone a good christian mean that they are willing to stone their wife to death if she sneezes on a tuesday.

morals are a huge part of the christianity, so even talking about doctrine you are still talking about morals. and ideas about morals are subjective, like biblical interpretations. some people probably thought the crusades were moral.

the teachings of the bible are very much open to interpretationand i doubt too many people ever called someone a 'good christian' without at least partly referring to their morals, even if mostly using it in the sense of how close they follow the doctrineprobably even your average church-goer has their own ideas about right and wrong, and i would guess that most of them don't really understand everything or lots of whats in the bible, and substitute those vacuous spaces with their own ideas. so if they see a christian doing charity work, and say they are a good christian, they probably mean it both ways. i just doubt that many active christians who are calling anyone a good christian mean that they are willing to stone their wife to death if she sneezes on a tuesday.morals are a huge part of the christianity, so even talking about doctrine you are still talking about morals. and ideas about morals are subjective, like biblical interpretations. some people probably thought the crusades were moral.

The thing about Christian morality is that it's prescribed by God.

Its all about what pleases God. Not about what is fair or just.

What pleases God is just. God is just. That's the whole difference between the old and new testament. Human beings will distort everything. It's unfortunate. But you're wrong on your theology and history Limpy. It's obvious from the way you cherrypicked, as you say, a piece of a parable and portrayed it as Jesus' words about himself. If that is how you vet all of your "christianity is barbaric" facts then we can easily dismiss your whole discourse.

The Christianity followed by real Christians can be summed up by Philippians 2

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

6 Who, being in very nature God,

did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;

7 rather, he made himself nothing

by taking the very nature of a servant,

being made in human likeness.

8 And being found in appearance as a man,

he humbled himself

by becoming obedient to death—

even death on a cross!

Archived