IGNORED

[PDX] - Bonkers presents: Wisp... is this really happening?

Guest Retrig

Hahaha, I never noticed but it does :) My ex. Here on WATMM long ago there was a period where people anime'd their avatars, and I haven't bothered to switch it since.

Guest Retrig

Any word on the venue? I'm guessing Rotture or Ash St. I will do my best to make it this one. :)

As a matter of fact, the original venue that our friends in Portland had locked in stiffed one of them when they played and didn't pay her, and has been shady about the whole affair. So.... they are actually actively approaching venues now, and have a couple hits. At this point, I'll update when they seal the deal.

Oi, that sucks. Mind telling which venue that was? Might be good to know to steer clear...

I've only been in Portland a little while so far, but I've been getting to know some promoters around town to further my own ends, and I know one of them is a Rephlex fan. They're mostly small time, but a couple of them know some more involved people and club owners. Not 100% I can actually be of any help, but I can certainly try. PM me if you want me to direct you to some people.

Guest Retrig

It's an underground club with a really long, goofy name. That's all I remember. It sounds like they worked things out, so they will be continuing to stick with that venue, but have a couple others lined up should anything go south. I'll definitely keep you posted!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Danke,

I'm getting info for you now and will update as quickly as I can. Portland is on both for February and Beatwife in March. We had to switch venues, and it won't be under the Bonkers banner (doesn't matter). I haven't been the one working Portland out, so I apologize I don't have specifics yet. I'll have an answer for you today.

Chris

Ah, yeah sorry, meant to post that I got the details the other night. Actually talked to Anthony (the guy hosting in Portland) on Sunday about this after going to one of his events on Saturday that was also at The Blue Monk. Funny coincidence, that. Seems like a good guy, been doing this game a while from the sounds of it. The venue is pretty small, basement underneath a bar, and they're apparently working out some sound issues. Anyway, should be fun. See you there?

Ah, yeah sorry, meant to post that I got the details the other night. Actually talked to Anthony (the guy hosting in Portland) on Sunday about this after going to one of his events on Saturday that was also at The Blue Monk. Funny coincidence, that. Seems like a good guy, been doing this game a while from the sounds of it. The venue is pretty small, basement underneath a bar, and they're apparently working out some sound issues. Anyway, should be fun. See you there?

If all goes as planned you will :) I broke my foot this last weekend, so I'll be the gimp on crutches. My buddy who helps run Bonkers has had nothing but good things to say about Anthony.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Argh! Was so looking forward to this, had a bunch of people that were going too, wanted to meet some watmmers... I love this snow, but don't love that Portland can't handle it. I bet Reid is ruefully shaking his northern NY head at our inability to handle a little snow. Haha. Sounds like the Seattle show went well at least. But... curses I say!

Archived