IGNORED

I love analord but the binder is a scam

o00o

Just had the opportunity to take a look at the binder in person and while I really love the analord collection the faux leather binder looks so cheap and greasy it boggles my mind how this thing goes for hundreds on discogs not even featuring the whole collection. Not recommended 

IMG_2714.thumb.jpeg.c7e7ceeeb74779c692d4c2b1ceabdfe6.jpeg

Edited by o00o
  • Thanks 1

Bit of a pigs ear the whole thing isn't it? Never had any desire to own this, especially as everything you need is on Youtube and in high quality. Always thought it would make a nice CD boxset (similar to the Autechre EP thing) all the extra tracks, and the artwork would make nice postcards. Even Chosen Lords is a massive dud imo. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah if you compare it to other deluxe vinyl collections like Atoms for Peace - Amok or the Lustmord The Other Collection it becomes even more apparent 

IMG_2750.thumb.jpeg.5678a406e762b68a168fa56cad8c1126.jpeg

IMG_2751.thumb.png.6f5a9a00589c05bd6e5a330df3605164.png

Edited by o00o

Never seen one irl. Didn't get it at the time cause I was a poor student and didn't see the point, I was happy to wait for the cheaper repress.

Shame if it is a bit cheap looking, didn't Grant/Richard say they ended up selling at a big loss due to some fuckup with the production costs?

• Like 2

It was cheap even back then, I think I paid around £35 w/ shipping for it, and remember that the binder contained Analord 10 on black vinyl, the only way to get it - the reissue was the Aphex logo picture disc. But yeah, cheap is as cheap does. And you'd have to spend more to get the binder filled up, 11x12" w/ shipping, one at a time at worst. I consider selling the thing at least once a year, but won't be able to.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Key said:

Didn't get it at the time cause I was a poor student and didn't see the point

Ordered it as a poor student whilst filled with fizzy pop then sent a cancellation request the next morning when my head cleared ... they never read the cancellation though so ended up getting the binder and therefore 'had' to get all the other volumes including the picture disk :facepalm:

1 minute ago, dcom said:

I think I paid around £35 w/ shipping for it,

Yeah that price seems to ring a bell for me too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcom said:

It was cheap even back then, I think I paid around £35 w/ shipping for it, and remember that the binder contained Analord 10 on black vinyl, the only way to get it - the reissue was the Aphex logo picture disc. But yeah, cheap is as cheap does. And you'd have to spend more to get the binder filled up, 11x12" w/ shipping, one at a time at worst. I consider selling the thing at least once a year, but won't be able to.

Yeah the original price was expensive but fair but it’s completely blown out of proportion now for what you actually get

• Like 1

Had no interest in buying it, somehow managed not to know at the time that it came with a black ltd #10, I didn't even know that existed until a few years later, may have been a bit shtoned when I read about the binder initially, I bought the records for usage so would have had to buy 2 of all of them to actually use that binder and that wasn't happening 

Think the best thing about it was the folks who received Analogue Bubblebath 5 💰

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 6

I bought it a couple of years after. Paid a lot more than the original price, but nowhere near what you'd have to pay nowadays!!

I'm fine with the chosen lords collection on cd. Analord never fully clicked with me tbh. Love some tracks but others I could do without. The CD was expensice on discogs as well

This was quite cheap when it came out, each EP was like a tenner, everything is over inflated these days. The Analord release is simply exquisite and a unique collection of recordings, some of his finest work. Those that have it like myself are very fortunate. The binder with EP was quite reasonable, i think i paid 30 euro , it was never meant to be a ferrari!

Edited by Empirix
  • Like 3

Binder was £40 new as I remember it, which seemed like a stupid amount at the time. I always thought it looked like a greasy spoon menu. Absolutely horrible design. Surely it had to be a joke?. I just bought the individual eps for £4.99  each from my local record shop as and when they came out. Once a month wasn't it? 

• Like 3

On 1/7/2024 at 1:14 PM, thumbass said:

I'm fine with the chosen lords collection on cd. Analord never fully clicked with me tbh. Love some tracks but others I could do without. The CD was expensice on discogs as well

But that inexplicably doesn't have the best Analord track on it...

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, perunamuusi said:

True, one of times greatest mysteries

1 hour ago, perunamuusi said:

Sorry, what’s the best?

My favorite Analord 8 is Backdoor.Spyboter.A. Love the vibe. 

The best Analord is W32.Mydoom.AU@mm, OBVIOUSLY ❤️ 

What do you think would be a fair price for the binder with a full set of records? Discogs has

• €598.82 Average
  • €500.00 Median
  • €2,200.00 High
  • €275.30 Low

but the purchase history is skewed because there is no entry for the full set, and there have been sales for various combinations of the binder with just #10, or 11/12 records, or a full set.

• 2 weeks later...