bwoon dub

bodmin 3

Pitcard

Halibut Acid 

Crying in your face

VBS.Redlof.B

w32.mydoom

Im self employed

But it is so difficult to rate them and just pick a few when there is so many other good. 
tracks like Where is your girlfriend, Steppingfilter, AFX Acid, Xmd5a, Fenix Funk feels impossible to left out 

There is no scam in this shit.. I would love to have all the Analord 12" framed on the wall 

Binder is not a scam

• Like 2

V1

Steppingfilter 101

Where's Your Girlfriend

V2

Photanacid

Laricheard

V3

Boxing Day

Klopjob (my favorite of the whole lot)

V4

Home Made Polysynth

Breath March

V5

Cilonen

V6

Batine Acid

I'm Self Employed

Analoggins

V7

Lisbon Acid

Pitcard (probably my 2nd fave)

AFX Acid 04

V8

PWSteal.Ldpinch.d

Backdoor.Berbew.Q

V11

Not Disturbing Mammoth 1 (I found if you're driving about 65mph on the highway with just your 2 front windows rolled down about an inch and this turned way up, the vacuum in the car creates a fantastic audio-strobe effect)

21 hours ago, oscillik said:

Skam is a different label, this was released on Rephlex

yeah but i still call it a scam when i talk about it. must be a rephlex action.

• Like 1

I remember when I ordered something first time directly from Skam and thought that maybe it's an actual scam and they're just really upfront about it.

Turned out ordering from them directly you actually get a bunch of freebies. Or at least back then you did. So Skam is a reverse-scam.

Yeah, Bleep/Warp used to throw in a lot of freebies, too. 7 inch singles, stickers, promo 12 inches, etc.

• Like 1

WarpMart used to give loads of freebies. Once it had been dissolved and Blerp came along, the freebies happened less and less.

Until they just…didn't.

• Like 1

I wish we got the re-releases of Richard's Rephlex catalogue. I was really excited for it after the soundcloud dump + when his store opened since there were a lot of implications. Sucks that it didn't happen.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Real Human Bean said:

How much are people buying the binder + all records in mint condition for these days?

seems like slim chance you will find someone who bought the binder but also had the foresight to not store the records in the binder (which damages the records). I'd imagine all of that would be worth quite a lot. Probably better off getting the individual records then find someone with the binder

I had most of the records in the the binder sleeves but inside the stickered thinner plastic sleeves (which I also still have) the individual records were sold in, but I figured out quite early that plastic will degrade the vinyl, and transferred them to paper inner sleeves inside the plastic ones in the binder. They have a bit of cloudiness to them, but no added surface noise or sound degradation. Like I wrote before I've been thinking about selling (because I don't really care about the music that much, and I have the extended digital collection as WAVs), but I have no idea whatsoever what a decent but not extortionate price would be (for the binder and a full set of 12 records). I've never sold any records except inadvertently obtained duplicates, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about letting it go. But you can always try.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, exitonly said:

seems like slim chance you will find someone who bought the binder but also had the foresight to not store the records in the binder (which damages the records). I'd imagine all of that would be worth quite a lot. Probably better off getting the individual records then find someone with the binder

It's me that's got it all mint and nicely stored. Thinking of selling a bunch of stuff as it's been in storage for years and I don't miss it.

6 hours ago, dcom said:

I have no idea whatsoever what a decent but not extortionate price would be (for the binder and a full set of 12 records)

In this world, where generally nothing can sell without making the seller some profit, the only decent but not extortionate price for you to sell them at would be:

The price you paid for them.

But then that leaves you open to someone buying them at a perceived bargain price and then profiteering themselves.

In reflection, just burn them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've got the whole set of Analord 12"s but never managed to get a binder. Doubt I can afford it now!

Has anyone found a decent replacement record binder to keep the series in?

On 1/8/2024 at 3:20 PM, perunamuusi said:

Binder was £40 new as I remember it, which seemed like a stupid amount at the time. I always thought it looked like a greasy spoon menu. Absolutely horrible design. Surely it had to be a joke?. I just bought the individual eps for £4.99  each from my local record shop as and when they came out. Once a month wasn't it? 

The quid was strong af against the USD back then too. 40 quid is $51 at the moment but at the tail end of '04 when the offer was released, it would have been about $74.

I would just double GBP prices to estimate at the time because it was mostly correct. Give that an inflation check pegged at December '04 and it's $121 in today's dollars.

Strangely, because of the nonsense in the physical media world that has transpired in the past 20 years, $121 isn't even controversial but it was then. 

1 hour ago, th555 said:

Who remembers this vid

I found that so ace back in the day

i'm sorry but the actual music for the game Solstice is way better than Klopjob:

• Haha 1

Never bothered with the binder, but bought all the 12"s on release. I wish they'd at least come in basic card discobags, though, as they never sit properly on shelves in their plastic things. Should probably do something about this one day. The sleeves are all battered to hell now too.

My 2CD Chosen Lords:

Steppingfilter 101
Bubble 'n' Squeek 2
Where's Your Girlfriend
Phonatacid
Laricheard
Pissed Up in SE1
Bwoon Dub
Boxing Day
Crying in Your Face
Home Made Polysynth
Reunion 2
I'm Self Employed
Lisbon Acid
AFX Acid 04
PWSteal.Ldpinch.D
Backdoor.Berbew.Q
W32.Mydoom.AU@mm
VBS.Redlof.B
Love 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2024 at 9:29 PM, dcom said:

I had most of the records in the the binder sleeves but inside the stickered thinner plastic sleeves (which I also still have) the individual records were sold in, but I figured out quite early that plastic will degrade the vinyl, and transferred them to paper inner sleeves inside the plastic ones in the binder. They have a bit of cloudiness to them, but no added surface noise or sound degradation. Like I wrote before I've been thinking about selling (because I don't really care about the music that much, and I have the extended digital collection as WAVs), but I have no idea whatsoever what a decent but not extortionate price would be (for the binder and a full set of 12 records). I've never sold any records except inadvertently obtained duplicates, so I wouldn't be too optimistic about letting it go. But you can always try.

Maybe I got lucky. But so far the plastic sticker sleeves I kept them in did not affect my records. The plastic of the binder for sure degraded the vinyl.

Edit.. also the plastic sleeves of The Caustic Window album destroyed my records

Edited by Turbo Zwanengestuif
  • Like 1