IGNORED

2013 Demo, and a little about me

Doomczar

Hello! I am new here. It is my hope that this becomes my new home on the internet.

I'm from Vancouver, BC, Canada. I hope to contribute something new, or something worthy of existing to the bloated body that is modern music.

I have experience as a performing bass player. This has helped me appreciate great live shows. Many electronic acts have live shows that do not appeal to me.

I am a Logic Pro Certified Instructor, which is a part of my day job. I am a music theory nerd, and love exploring theory, and am always up to answer any questions.

Here's my most recent offering:

http://soundcloud.com/doomczar/sets/demo-2013

Each song in that link was created using Renoise, and mastered in Logic.

Please, insert the songs into your ears, spread the link around if you like it, and let me know what you think, especially if it's negative constructive criticism.

Thanks.

Really good man, I think the one thing I can mention as a 'negative constuctive criticism' those white noise 'high hats', and re-piched snares are a little high in the mix

(ps You might want to read this before an angry mod comes across this - http://forum.watmm.com/topic/75391-read-before-starting-a-new-thread/ )

Thanks, I'm working on listening and commenting on threads that have few to no comments. Probably should have done that first. Here's hoping this threat doesn't get nuked.

I appreciate the listen!

Guest brendyman

Really love when the second half starts. My only real complaint is that when the song first starts it seems a bit overbearing and cluttered. I mean, not that a lot of breakcore isn't already overbearing and cluttered, but it has to be overbearing and cluttered in the right way. It would probably be a lot more effective if you held back a bit in the beginning and eased the percussion in, giving it some time before the track explodes. That's just me, though.

Really good man, I think the one thing I can mention as a 'negative constuctive criticism' those white noise 'high hats', and re-piched snares are a little high in the mix

Yeah, I agree with what mcbpete said about the snares and hihats.

My favorite part by far is the part that comes after 1:38 :) I don't think you need the hihats in that section, though. Just the kick and the snare. At least, that's what I would do to make it more simple and effective as a break :)

Thanks for the feedback!

I appreciate the advice. Sometimes I leave my breaks busy because I'm very used to busy music. It's good to hear opinions from people who are not!

My favourite track on that list is Grin, because it had so many happy accidents.

• 1 month later...
Guest sonnyskare

Hey man thanks for listening to my stuff. You're pretty much the only one who did...

Anyway dude I like 1:20-1:36 and on quite a bit. The beginning is a bit crazy but it's not bad. There's nothing really wrong with it. I was able to listen to the entire song without being surprised by any issues. I like the drum work a lot too in the second part.

Guest sonnyskare

Aww, thanks! I've received so much positive feedback about this sound. Next stop: Album?

Go for it if that's your goal. I think you should make music you enjoy listening to so don't try to force an album out or something. Just make music you like. Maybe that's a bad philosophy.

Aww, thanks! I've received so much positive feedback about this sound. Next stop: Album?

Go for it if that's your goal. I think you should make music you enjoy listening to so don't try to force an album out or something. Just make music you like. Maybe that's a bad philosophy.

Nah man, that's THE philosophy. Money cheapens art, in my opinion. How's your stuff coming?

Guest sonnyskare

Nah man, that's THE philosophy. Money cheapens art, in my opinion. How's your stuff coming?

Dude I'm glad you agree. Totally agree about the money part.

I made a kind of demo-ish EP and posted a couple new songs. Recently made the transition from using FL to Renoise.

Archived