just had 10 lfos made up in 1u racks

2 lfos in each rack

20 lfos in total

cost 300 quid

got some problems (oscillator locking), probably power supply filtering

need to get it sorted soon

then get some other shit made

also got 5 nand gate pcbs waiting to go in cases

gonna go to hangzhou next week with my cousin and see about getting a 1u rack coloured pink hehe

banana sockets for everything

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

just had 10 lfos made up in 1u racks

2 lfos in each rack

20 lfos in total

cost 300 quid

got some problems (oscillator locking), probably power supply filtering

need to get it sorted soon

then get some other shit made

also got 5 nand gate pcbs waiting to go in cases

gonna go to hangzhou next week with my cousin and see about getting a 1u rack coloured pink hehe

banana sockets for everything

how slow or fast do they go? what schematic/circuit?

I love my modular :] wish id got into it earlier.. although we are in another golden age arent we. so much cool stuff

Oh, me too. Given that I got into music making in about 1997, I wish I'd learnt enough back then to buy a Doepfer A-100 and learn a little music theory. But you live and learn, and it's nice having these things now, at any rate. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got my SAAS through and took the plunge.

J6teOol.jpg

this is on the way in a few weeks. thinking of taking kakapos advice and starting with the intellijel atlantis, which chews up my current budget, and then work in from there.

Elektron Analog Keys incoming....

so I'm thinking of adding a nice extra thingie to it.

the E350 seems like I would like it quite a bit.

asked on muff what others would add to the E350 in a very small euro expansion setup, someone came up with this:

ZFy4i2r.png

image_zpswrahfsjy.png

That would work, but you could actually get away with just the elektron and the e350.

So long as you can pipe the audio back into the elektron for filtering – would be nice to have something capable of vca/stuff as well. I think you could send the envelopes out from the elektron so you wouldn't need that component necessarily.

I started without filters // vcas and found it pretty limiting pretty quickly.

yep, a voice from the A4 can be used for filtering/amp.

this should be pretty good with the E350, only downside is that a voice from A4 must be sacrificed for this purpose.

can also be scaled up to using all A4 tracks as filter-bank...

but adding something like that µVCA is probably a good idea for making the E350 a dynamic voice on its own..

nand gate

building a large system for personal use

case arrived yesterday. so weighty and solid.

pcb a bit childish, next ones will be professional looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes. Maths is an obvious choice, but you could look at MI Peaks too (amongst many others). How are you sequencing/getting pitch to the oscillator?

I have an STO and like it a lot, there's deceptive depth in there. Check this thread.

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97694&sid=5d0461d80795b15561f2f3e5aa7d08f8

im eying up the intelligel Metrpololos sequencer, its look like the bomb, but its not cheap atall. ive got the cash, but it would knock me out for about two weeks as far as getting any other modules go.

whats good in the sequencing world within the range of 200-250 rather than 450?

http://www.rubadub.co.uk/make-noise-pressure-points-eurorack-sequencer

this is a much more pleasangt price range, i could grab that and the maths right now pretty much. im just firing in blind, and i dont mind too much. i would prefer to just get stuck in and see what happens, learn what i like as i go than spend 3 months reading shit on muff wigglers. i have been reading it though, its a really useful site.

The metropolis comes up for sale on muff's fairly frequently. I've bought second hand from the states and not had to pay duty and had no problems, might push it into that budget.

Take what I say with a pinch of salt as I have no direct experience of Pressure Points. (I sequence from an A4, CVpal and a fully expanded Turing Machine). But I don't think it would do what you want it to do, at least not without the brains expander and possibly another pressure points (or switches). Also brains appears to play nicely as a controller for another sequencer, i.e. into the aux input on the metropolis. I would hold out for the metropolis, or if you can find one, ZoeB's sequencer, which is closer to that price point.

I should add that what is often touted as the best sequencer in Euro is the orthogonal devices ER-101. From all accounts an acquired taste, but one of the guys at London Modular swears by it and he does a lot of live techno. I suspect it would drive me nuts, but it certainly looks the coolest (and I do factor that in). 4 channels also, and an expander coming.

original-flavor-forweb.png

a little birdy told me that its now impossible for intellijel to make more of the metropolises due to the factory making the 8point switches going out of business, so they will be shooting up in price over the next few years.

The metropolis is hugely popular, intellijel will just revise it if true.

i dont know what im talking about. the guy who mentioned this did though, and had spoken to intellijel to find this out. *shrug*

Archived