IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

1 hour ago, tailings said:

For me it still remains: TCH>MHTRTC>G>>>>>TH

From day one, I really appreciated the new ground and fresh vibe of Tomorrows Harvest; that John Carpenter soundtrack feel of many of the tracks was not like any of the prior three albums but still evoked that sense of alternate memory that BOC are so good at.  And yet, TH sounds no where near as cohesive as their earlier work.  It's as if they had combined 10 years of ideas into a box, shook it, then pulled out a random sample.  No idea if we'll ever get the answer, but TH sounds like a compilation of tracks written over time rather than a body of work capturing a moment.  It simply does not flow, does not mesh as their other albums do.

The tracks are flowing totally into each other, It is just the case that BoC have put them in different order on purpose. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

The tracks are flowing totally into each other, It is just the case that BoC have put them in different order on purpose. 

I didn't intend to say the tracks of TH have no flow.  But compared to the three prior albums, TH doesn't flow as well.

Edited by tailings

OK, I just listened to TH start to finish without interruption; first time I've done so in a long time,(no distraction, album not just background music).

It IS a good album.  Very good, even.  8/10.  Cold Earth and Nothing Is Real can stack up with anything they've done.  But I still feel the prior three are better albums overall.

I was reminded on this listen of the same impression I had on my very first listen in 2013; I wish they had pushed the John Carpenter vibe a little more.  It's most present in the opening and closing tracks; I just wish there was more of that vibe.

So, TCH>MHTRTC>G>>TH

• Like 1

19 hours ago, tailings said:

For me it still remains: TCH>MHTRTC>G>>>>>TH

From day one, I really appreciated the new ground and fresh vibe of Tomorrows Harvest; that John Carpenter soundtrack feel of many of the tracks was not like any of the prior three albums but still evoked that sense of alternate memory that BOC are so good at.  And yet, TH sounds no where near as cohesive as their earlier work.  It's as if they had combined 10 years of ideas into a box, shook it, then pulled out a random sample.  No idea if we'll ever get the answer, but TH sounds like a compilation of tracks written over time rather than a body of work capturing a moment.  It simply does not flow, does not mesh as their other albums do.

@police

cohesion and flow can sometimes be important factors, but the quality of an album cannot be entirely determined by that.

look at drukqs, the sequencing is a fucking mess but it's still a 10/10 album for me. and i adore most ween albums, which are totally schizophrenic in vibe and genre.