IGNORED

Tomorrows Harvest - Today

phudoshin

44 minutes ago, Kid Lukie said:

Gotta wonder if the "Cold Earth" snippet they're referring to in The Guardian interview is from an ultra rare, vintage Bandmaster Powerhouse. Some of the samples Hainbach demonstrates sound relatively close to those one-shot warbling hits in the track.

they specifically say 'effect unit' in that interview tho, which i would think suggest one of the drop out sounds at the ends of some of the phrases (1:03, 1:24, 1:25, 1:43, 1:54, 1:55,3:07, 3:10) is more likely. a lot of those sound like they could be the sound of firing some old effects unit up or killing it in the middle of a sound or something, yknow? 

(sounds out of that Powerhouse are hella tasty tho no doubt about that)

Edited by auxien

On 10/2/2023 at 2:24 AM, Kid Lukie said:

Gotta wonder if the "Cold Earth" snippet they're referring to in The Guardian interview is from an ultra rare, vintage Bandmaster Powerhouse. Some of the samples Hainbach demonstrates sound relatively close to those one-shot warbling hits in the track.

the ending is very cool. sounds a lot like portishead 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It is a brilliant and cohesive album. I just don't get Jacquard Causeway at all. It just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Maybe if it wasn't the longest track it would be different? I don't know. 20 years later and I still am meh about it but the rest is perfection.

edit: I clearly just summoned a new BoC Instagram post. Imminence is imminent.

Edited by jules

On 2/9/2024 at 2:09 PM, jules said:

It is a brilliant and cohesive album. I just don't get Jacquard Causeway at all. It just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Maybe if it wasn't the longest track it would be different? I don't know. 20 years later and I still am meh about it but the rest is perfection.

Very agree with you there - its grating/jarring percussion-wise

• Like 1

I agree it's a strange track. I remember quite vividly when it came on the live stream, the fact I remember myself reacting to it (having a knee jerk reaction, ears pricking up and thinking hmmm what's this all about) all these years later probably says a lot. I do remember then, and still now feeling relief when the cooling synth whooshes come in during the second half. Yeah weird tune, but I like it.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

I agree with this so much. The song is devastating. 

On 2/16/2024 at 3:30 AM, Kennylogg Bubblebath said:

jacquard = top 5 boc

• Like 1

I love BoC more than life itself, but I'm not a fan of Jacquard.

The slightly out of sync, discordant goings on are so disorienting.  Listening to it almost makes me feel sea sick.  But it's meant to, innit.

Actually... just realised, I fucking love it!

Edited by NewSchoolScience
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

On 2/9/2024 at 3:09 PM, jules said:

I didn’t like it in the beginning as well but the drum is kind of trance inducing pushing the boc trademark sound into your brain in such an intense way that it’s almost overwhelming like eating a really large candy bar. Once you commit to that the track becomes really awesome 

it’s also important to listen on really good speakers so none of the crispy smoky sound of that drum gets lost 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 2

I agree its one of my favorites on TH, after the first few opening tracks that are sort of subtle slow burners and quite tense and unresolved- its the first track to really feel like a new direction and give you that floaty emotional release they do so well.

• 1 month later...

Jacquard stands out a bit, sure, but not in a bad way imo. that 'standing out' of it lends itself towards the pseudo-soundtrack concept of the album...you're going to have pieces in many soundtracks that feel entirely apt when watching the film for that scene, but don't necessarily 'vibe' with the overall score. there's plenty of soundtrack-y ideas throughout the album in other ways but that's probably the most stark full song difference. it is the longest track on the album tho so maybe i'm coming at it from the wrong direction, idk...

mixing/mastering of this album is so fucking good, it's weirdly raw at times. i really wonder about their balance of being insanely meticulous vs just running with things and trusting their guts when it comes to recording/mixing/etc.

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 1:37 PM, milkface said:

my favourite one on TH has to be Nothing is Real.

That is one of a few highlights for sure!

• Like 1