Join WATMM Now!

Register and Subscribe now for as little 3.00 USD for one year to gain Supporting Member access. We also have other subscription packages to choose from that grant you extra abilities and features.

A subscription is required in order to post, reply to posts, start topics, search, and other features.

By joining and subscribing, you are helping support the forums, as well enable us to add new features and enhancements (and maintain them).

Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

To sign up for a subscription package, click your user name in the upper right, and choose "Client Area". Then, choose a package that suits your needs.

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jaden Smith is getting his swag on

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#151 ManjuShri

ManjuShri

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,774 posts
  • 14 topics
  • Joined 19-February 09

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:34 PM

#152 Mesh Gear Fox

Mesh Gear Fox

not even going to read the thread lmao but check this out →

• Knob Twiddlers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,352 posts
  • 154 topics
  • Joined 17-February 09
  • PSN:Grill_Vogel

Posted 28 November 2018 - 02:27 AM

Fucking hell this shit house lazy style of rapping is so popular right now

kill it with fire

Fucking hell this shit house lazy style of rapping is so popular right now
kill it with fire

Yeah I thought it was gonna finally fizz out like 6 fucking years ago but it seems to only be getting bigger and bigger each season lol

The lazy rapping combined with the lazy trap beats has become a mainstay of urban music today it seems. I feel like a 70 year saying this stuff but come the fuck on already with EVERYONE sounding like either Drake or ASAP Rocky or somewhere in between.

I think what really gets me is how it's all wrapped up in this dark fake avante garde aesthetic. As if making rap imagery a tad more artsy is somehow next level. There are some cool things I've heard and seen here and there, but for the most part it's all blah.

I wish the real rappers and hip hop producers would start a battle with the trap bs. Cuz there are still and always will be amazing hip hop, but it doesn't get as much love as the fake stuff. There should be a new East coast vs West coast, but instead of regions, should be boom bap vs trap lol

New rappers need to look to Pac, Bone, Biggie, Wu Tang, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, JayZ, The Roots, etc. Real hip hop has soul. This trap shit is the equivalent of teeny bopper boy band stuff.

The whole "goes hard" thing which is also prevalent in dubstep, EDM and bascially any rhythmic / bass driven modern electronic music is in my opinion the total opposite of what music was made to do. Dance music and hip hop have always been bass oriented but it's been about the groove and arrangement and attitude and music. Now it's about the DROP and the BASS and the FX only. Like it's a giant Dolby /THX commercial.

sorry but yall are wrong.

#153 Obel

Obel

6 warning points

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,962 posts
  • 59 topics
  • Joined 17-April 06

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:05 AM

I'm wrong.. so it's not popular right now then? That's a relief.

#154 MIXL2

MIXL2

Owl of Minerva

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,417 posts
  • 92 topics
  • Joined 08-August 12
  • Interests:muziq & maths

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:11 AM

:duckhunt:

#155 bendish

bendish

1000 Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • 31 topics
  • Joined 07-May 15

Posted 03 December 2018 - 07:09 PM

Ha this is a defending jaden smith thread

#156 flim

flim

super-black void

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • 6 topics
  • Joined 01-September 99
  • Interests:happiness.
  • PSN:PhantomContender
  • XBOX360:xthesupplanter
  • Steam:parabolakid
  • 3DS Friend Code:2036-7136-9787
  • Wii U Username:Supplanter

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:34 PM

I fucking love Dragon Ball.

What a fucking terrible song.

#157 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,164 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 03 December 2018 - 08:41 PM

That was worse than I expected it to be. Are people actually listening to this kind of stuff these days?

#158 yek

yek

MIDI received.

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,850 posts
  • 745 topics
  • Joined 14-March 02

Posted 03 December 2018 - 11:24 PM

That was worse than I expected it to be. Are people actually listening to this kind of stuff these days?

we reached that point now steve, we're old now  :dry: . these damn yipper snappers and their hippity hopp

#159 Bulk VanderHooj

Bulk VanderHooj

Hugh-Mungus

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,164 posts
  • 48 topics
  • Joined 28-January 12
  • Interests:Bulking
    Huge-ifying

Posted 04 December 2018 - 01:53 PM

get off my LAWN >=(

throws rocks*

#160 xxx

xxx

gibe Korg pls

• EKT Plus
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,257 posts
  • 442 topics
  • Joined 12-July 07

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:32 AM

I like what he's doing tbh. It's not targeted for me and it would look odd for me to join in but he's not just resting on Smith laurels imo. Whether he actually wrote it or not, his flow and lyrics are pretty avant garde and technically deece. Goku would go hard in a festival setting with those drops.

One thing is for sure: he did not get dad's kinesthetic gifts. Fella cannot dance at all but maybe it's on purpose. You don't want to look too much like pops.

In fact, if you want to go down woke avenue, Will's dancing could be seen as a holdover from the "shuck and jive" days where black men could only crossover into mainstream entertainment under a strict set of guidelines. Today, you have guys like Thundercat and whatnot who do whatever the fuck they want and don't fall into the range restriction other black artists had to do if they wanted success e.g. scowling gangsta or smiley dance routines, pick one.

#161 D4M0

D4M0

Massively Looking Forward.

• Members Plus
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,864 posts
  • 56 topics
  • Joined 19-August 14
  • Interests:Lushness.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:07 AM