IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, admitted, this thread makes me a bit more cynical with each page. There's just nothing convincing at all from all the accounts in here and they just seem to be having fun with the people that aren't sure. Enough people in here (including me) who already extensively tried to explain that in this thread. It's just the same as before soundcloud with all the fake myspace pages, or all the Kazaa or Napster tracks. If Richard wrote that he only has two pages up (the official Aphex one and the user one), how much more evidence do you need?

Of course, the reason because the thread is still open is because some of the accounts posted here just have good music on them (I think so too), but maybe it should just be moved from the Aphex subforum to another part of watmm?

Yeah, admitted, this thread makes me a bit more cynical with each page. There's just nothing convincing at all from all the accounts in here and they just seem to be having fun with the people that aren't sure. Enough people in here (including me) who already extensively tried to explain that in this thread. It's just the same as before soundcloud with all the fake myspace pages, or all the Kazaa or Napster tracks. If Richard wrote that he only has two pages up (the official Aphex one and the user one), how much more evidence do you need?

Of course, the reason because the thread is still open is because some of the accounts posted here just have good music on them (I think so too), but maybe it should just be moved from the Aphex subforum to another part of watmm?

Hmmm...interesting proposal. Well, given that RDJ has stated that there will be upcoming releases "here (user#) or elsewhere" I don't think this thread should be closed. However, perhaps we should make a thread specifically for the ones thus far (i.e. somadril, brainwaltzera, third armpit etc.), which I also doubt are AFX though I'm almost certain are somehow (SOMEHOW) connected. Thoughts?

i became a little suspicious when richard removed that message saying those were his only two accounts, but i've never for a second thought any of these other random accounts were him. it's not that hard to tell, really, just instead of blindly following try actually listening to it. w/e.

i became a little suspicious when richard removed that message saying those were his only two accounts, but i've never for a second thought any of these other random accounts were him. it's not that hard to tell, really, just instead of blindly following try actually listening to it. w/e.

Thanks for that advice. It was what I was already doing though.

Thanks for that advice. It was what I was already doing though.

Yeah same here

I find it quite amusing how some posters on here think they know everything about Aphex on here and quickly (and often rudely) shout down posts they don't agree with. I have been listening to him since 1992 and the staggering variety of his material makes me very cynical of anyone who thinks they can instantly recognise his sound. Like it is some kind of badge of honour. They won't half look silly if some of these so called fakes are real.

The only account to my ears that sounds on the level of aphex is this one, it's not aphex, but it has qualities to it that could have you second guessing.

https://soundcloud.com/square_method/002-b-002

https://soundcloud.com/square_method/2-10-006-b-010

https://soundcloud.com/square_method/009-a-001

I have been listening to him since 1992

*gives badge of honour* :emotawesomepm9:

You're taking my post a tad too serious, no offense meant at all :) I assumed your 'The plot thickens' was a joke. I don't want to pretend anything, I only have ears (basically, what petina said) and years of obvious fakery as judgement and I still assume none of these are him.

Just read the first 10 or so pages of this thread. Like me and others have said before, this isn't anything new. Happened with every new Autechre album, Konklaver, Violin Solo, Analord fakes, The Tuss fakes, Syro fakes, etc. People like their tracks being tested for the possibility to pass as an Aphex track, get more attention / plays or just wind people up. Either way, a big grain of salty scepticism and Occams razor shouldn't be out of place here, whatever the case. That's not claiming to know everything about Aphex, just healthy scepticism. I just assume it's someone else until proven different. Even then you could still easily pick user48736353001 out as legit immediately (even with a good dosis of cautiousness from my side at first, after all, I don't want to look silly afterwards), there were sufficient (non-musical as well as musical) clues everywhere.

tl;dr - just enjoy the tunes, whoever they are :)

That said, that Erik account has some really, really outstanding tracks on it. Best one so far actually. I'd almost argue these were from the man himself :)

(but he has de Bereboot as a profile picture and talks about Dries Roelvink so he's unmistakenly just a Dutchie).

Guest skibby

just listen to a soundcloud account, and if it does not sound like it is RDJ without a shadow of a doubt, simply refrain from following that account.

rod whitters is the only real contender i've seen as yet, but i can't help but get the feeling he's using afx samples to fuck with us. i dunno. untitled 4/5 is very saw-esque, incredibly good really.

My hunch is there are multiple SC (and possibly YT) accounts being used by RDJ and ex-Rephlex peeps or mates to share solo and collab efforts anonymously. Even if that's not the case and the "tribute"/fake stuff/#afx-tagged stuff is entirely unrelated, I've ended up listening to a fuckload more new shit on SoundCloud in the last few months than I previously had. I'm really grateful for all the great new tracks. Been inspiring, entertaining and amusing in hefty measures.

Maybe moving thread away from AFX to General Music or something would be a good idea...shift discussion away from tit-for-tat "err...that's not RDJ, that's Beatwife" etc. to "check out this wicked track" kinda vibe.

eg :biggrin:

My hunch is there are multiple SC (and possibly YT) accounts being used by RDJ and ex-Rephlex peeps or mates to share solo and collab efforts anonymously. Even if that's not the case and the "tribute"/fake stuff/#afx-tagged stuff is entirely unrelated, I've ended up listening to a fuckload more new shit on SoundCloud in the last few months than I previously had. I'm really grateful for all the great new tracks. Been inspiring, entertaining and amusing in hefty measures.

Maybe moving thread away from AFX to General Music or something would be a good idea...shift discussion away from tit-for-tat "err...that's not RDJ, that's Beatwife" etc. to "check out this wicked track" kinda vibe.

eg :biggrin:

Well said. Nice track too :)

Nice track too :)

Love some of the assphexcrew/AAG stuff...worth exploring :)

admin overlords - sorry...how do I do a NSFW spoiler thing? ha

Edit: cheers.

PS btw take a bow assphexcrew if you're out there...

I have been listening to him since 1992

*gives badge of honour* :emotawesomepm9:

You're taking my post a tad too serious, no offense meant at all :) I assumed your 'The plot thickens' was a joke. I don't want to pretend anything, I only have ears (basically, what petina said) and years of obvious fakery as judgement and I still assume none of these are him.

Just read the first 10 or so pages of this thread. Like me and others have said before, this isn't anything new. Happened with every new Autechre album, Konklaver, Violin Solo, Analord fakes, The Tuss fakes, Syro fakes, etc. People like their tracks being tested for the possibility to pass as an Aphex track, get more attention / plays or just wind people up. Either way, a big grain of salty scepticism and Occams razor shouldn't be out of place here, whatever the case. That's not claiming to know everything about Aphex, just healthy scepticism. I just assume it's someone else until proven different. Even then you could still easily pick user48736353001 out as legit immediately (even with a good dosis of cautiousness from my side at first, after all, I don't want to look silly afterwards), there were sufficient (non-musical as well as musical) clues everywhere.

tl;dr - just enjoy the tunes, whoever they are :)

That said, that Erik account has some really, really outstanding tracks on it. Best one so far actually. I'd almost argue these were from the man himself :)

(but he has de Bereboot as a profile picture and talks about Dries Roelvink so he's unmistakenly just a Dutchie).

Which post am I taking to seriously? The one calling me gullible?

And as for the badge of honour comment, clearly the irony is lost on you.

Archived