IGNORED

Good Soundclouds (used to be possible RDJ soundclogs)

Jaspmf

The only account to my ears that sounds on the level of aphex is this one, it's not aphex, but it has qualities to it that could have you second guessing.

https://soundcloud.com/square_method/002-b-002

https://soundcloud.com/square_method/2-10-006-b-010

https://soundcloud.com/square_method/009-a-001

Thanks for putting us on to that account Jaffa. There is some great stuff on there. Seems like a real talent.

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are aware that you could be spending your time listening to tracks made by RDJ instead of wasting it on these wannabes right?

They are never up long though are they Dean.

Niet. It's all early birds and worms round those parts

You guys are aware that you could be spending your time listening to tracks made by RDJ instead of wasting it on these wannabes right?

Are you aware you could be spending your time fucking off?

How'd you like the new white label then, Mr Acolyte? Me? I think it's ace. Also, try listening to different artists and styles. It broadens one's aural and cerebral horizons, y'know.

Shouldn't matter where it's coming from and who made it if it's good music. In fact, sometimes I'm shocked how important marketing and branding is even in our community, i.e. not just for teenybopper beliebers. I don't condone, of course, people pretending to be somebody else to promote their music, but I for one would not have payed any matter of attention to any of these (prob fake) soundcloud accounts had I not initially been slightly suspicious there was one of my Warp or Rephlex legends behind them. I'm just saying that even if the music does stand out on its own, ppl don't seem to care unless there's a NAME attached to it. I mean there are some tracks on these fakes that are better than the confirmed user # account, yet it doesn't matter, because even RDJs brainfart from when he was 12 will always have more cred than a potential masterpiece by BLAHBLAHnameless dude. I understand that AFX is a pioneer and even a legit "serious" composer, who's back catalogue even has historic value. But sometimes, we should also take things at face value.

This thread, however, SHOULD BE about finding any (if there are any) other secret Aphex SC accounts and not just about good similar music. So in order to avoid pissing ppl off, maybe an admin/moderator should work his magic here :)

I have spent all morning listening to that Erik account whilst doing odd jobs outside. It was anything but wasting my time. But thanks for your concern Mr Blinker man.

Are you aware you could be spending your time fucking off?

How'd you like the new white label then, Mr Acolyte? Me? I think it's ace. Also, try listening to different artists and styles. It broadens one's aural and cerebral horizons, y'know.

You're saying I should be listening to different artists by listening to lots of tracks that I think 'might' be by the same artist?

New styles lol

I listen to a wide array if music, but as hello spiral said, not via artists mimicking afx.

Sure, but he doesn't try to pass it off as being rdj to get listeners. I'm out, sorry. Have fun hunting.

i dont know if any of the sc accounts we've been talking about have tried to pass themselves off as aphex. some come close, like brain waltz era, but it seems more like they are playing with the "is it aphex" phenomenon. in the past there have been people who label their work aphex, but that type of thing is not what we're dealing with here.

actually a lot of these accounts have no tag or mention of anything aphexy, watmmers are just posting them here because they're kind of aphexish

ok richrud d jomes kind of did, with the fake syro leaks, but the track times didn't match up so it wasnt a lie meant to be taken seriously. anyway those were some of the best songs we've been talking about

I dont think any of them are afx but if you said to me "hey there are a bunch of bands trying to mimick (-insert fav artist here-) You wanna hear them?"

I'd say sure.

it continues to be of interest to me that still most of the people doing Aphexy sounding stuff, especially those trying to pass themselves off as aphex never nail the 'dark' type of melodies or sounds he does, 99 times out of 100 people seem to only go for the 'floaty' 'happy' kind of melodies. To me its a dead giveaway of when someone isn't aphex, i'll only start to get semi convinced once I hear the trademark darkness which Aphex is so fucking good at.

What do you think of Untitled 97 off the steinvord myspace?

Edit: I only ask because that completely nailed the vibe that you're describing. Something about the irregular key and detuning of his "darker" melodies.

ive said before I think at the very least that track is no doubt in my mind RDJ. If it isn't whoever it is nailed the Drukqs era sound 10000x better than anyone else

Archived