IGNORED

Guess what I found at the local charity shop

Polytrix

Knackered but completely playable vinyl of:

• Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy EP
  • Autechre - Tri Repetae (only the C/D side)
Both have burn damage meaning that one track is basically lost from the record.

[mcbpete - Nope nope, naughty]. It's sounding lovely considering how knackered it is.

I might use Audacity to remove more surface hiss from scratches etc.

Mad what you can find.

Used to buy from charity shops to sell on eBay and discogs, but now just buy for the collection. Mostly CDs, I'm sometimes shocked at what gets put out; recently picked up Ceephax United Acid Emirates and Manhunter ost..

Used to buy from charity shops to sell on eBay and discogs, but now just buy for the collection. Mostly CDs, I'm sometimes shocked at what gets put out; recently picked up Ceephax United Acid Emirates and Manhunter ost..

Probably because people are going to all digital.

I gave away my collection of CDs to the thrift shop after selling what i could to the local record shops - there was some seriously good stuff in there, but I can't be arsed with storing 600+ CDs, and moving them from house to house is a serious pain.

So if you're a vancouver CD digger, there's a thrift shop on main that has a shit ton of good CDS ;)

I bought pristine copies of some great metal albums from a Christian charity store in my home town--one called 'Nihility' by the band Decapitated--at the same time buying a lovely copy of a Doris Lessing book. Love those places!

Another charity store has a huge rack of classical vinyl for 50p each. Tempted to go in with a wagon and shift the whole lack back to my house.

I found Skinny Puppy - "Ain't it Dead Yet?" for a $1 at a used record store once.

Just the CD though. No jewel case with artwork or anything.

The place I've been finding stuff locally is at these weird little ''swap shops/bric-a-brac stores''. I live by a river and there's a dude that lives down there and it's all just take for free with the expectation that you return some shit you don't want to keep yourself any longer. I picked up the Tandy Drum Machine thing there and have been sampling that something rotten now. The charity shops are less good but there's this other random place in my local town which is kind of full of vintage clothing etc and there's a guy with some vinyl in the back...I'm into old soul singers and he had loads of ancient Ella Fitzgerald...it has these really weird spoken word parts.

Archived