IGNORED

The Orb - Moonbuilding 2703

Rubin Farr

Just watched the LUNAR ORBIT Doc about the making of this album and a brief history on the Orb, good lil flick.

Was fun watching them make the album - would have loved to have seen more of that bit.

So I never did receive my copy of the Further Adventures Beyond Dark Matter dvd - is it just a Video of them at the gig doing the show w/ the visuals behind them or is it just a video of just the visuals? Always wanted it - anyone have a digital copy of that they'd share? All these years later and I wouldn't mind having it. 

Wonder if we'll get a new LP in 2022 and wonder if him and Fehlmann will do another album together..

I believe I either went here (https://www.lunarorbitfilm.com/contact) or went to the FB and messaged him there and I bought a copy, took weeks because I'm in the states & xmas just backed it up but def a fun watch.

Gonna listen to some 1997/2000 era Orb tonight, yeeee

11 hours ago, sexagon hun said:

Just watched the LUNAR ORBIT Doc about the making of this album and a brief history on the Orb, good lil flick.

Was fun watching them make the album - would have loved to have seen more of that bit.

So I never did receive my copy of the Further Adventures Beyond Dark Matter dvd - is it just a Video of them at the gig doing the show w/ the visuals behind them or is it just a video of just the visuals? Always wanted it - anyone have a digital copy of that they'd share? All these years later and I wouldn't mind having it. 

Does the doc make it clearer about what Alex's role actually is in the Orb ? Sounds like a stupid question but as every Orb album just sounds like the releases of whoever he's collaborating with, I've never quite got what he actually does ! Is he like the equivalent of the director of a film, not actually making the stuff just putting it all together ?

RE: Further Adventures DVD(s) - DVD1 is a 2hour multi-cam recording of Alex and Fehlmann on stage DJing/Ableton-ing their various hits at a club in Brixton in 2014. Screen in background has various visuals going on. DVD2 is those background visuals with a 52 min version/extract of the set (available on Youtube here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-gOU9JqJlQ )

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Does the doc make it clearer about what Alex's role actually is in the Orb ? Sounds like a stupid question but as every Orb album just sounds like the releases of whoever he's collaborating with, I've never quite got what he actually does ! Is he like the equivalent of the director of a film, not actually making the stuff just putting it all together ?

Yes, honestly, and maybe I'm wrong, but after watching it you do feel Alex does more than most people on here think and say he does (or doesn't do ha) - He would be making a few sounds on the tables and Thomas would be editing at the computer and say "Alex, I really like what you just did there, do it again" and then they would colab further and get more progress done - Thomas talked about how Alex does certain things Live and he sticks to certain methods and ways when they do a Live Set together. He said he likes doing Orb sets Live w/ Alex and loves the tours but making new albums is what he rather do..

I do hope they make albums together again as I guess they haven't made one together in some years now - thanks for the info an that 2DVD set, I really wanna find a copy or find it digitally online somewhere - so yea, now theres a Book on The Orb, and a Doc. 

Edited by sexagon hun
  • Thanks 1