IGNORED

The Orb - Moonbuilding 2703

Rubin Farr

Slightly off topic, but did any one download the archive of Orb live recordings shared by Maggie Thatcher on the forum a few years ago? All the links are dead, and the wiki is inactive.

yes i have most - if not all - of them on my harddrive somewhere

half-way through my first listen now, it's real nice - though nothing earth shattering. fehlmann can do no wrong in my eyes.

Woah, there's another album basically, 5 more bonus tracks, most are on the ORB youtube channel FYI

Moon Quake (Slice of Silver)

Moon Quake 6

Moon Quake 1 (japan)

Moon Quake 3 (japan)

Dilla’s Moon Quake" (The Orb’s Tribute to J Dilla)

these tracks are another 30 mins or so of music, sweet!

Edited by sexagon hun

Guest murphythecat8

meh, bit dissapointed by this.

will listen again but after first listen, I find this boring a bit

Guest murphythecat8

of course u are! I love it and i've learned that what ever you hate I actually think is really good. i call it...... murphy's law...

cool!

Edited by murphythecat8

• 1 month later...

Brilliant, bring it on... but such a pity Kris Weston could not get his album off the ground... plus plus still still waiting for my 'Further Adventures Beyond Dark Matter' Live DVD...

I backed Kris, he's on Root now to fund it, with a goal of September, site is down for maintenance right now. When you back him, you get the entire Orb back catalog for free, lol. Revenge is sweet.

I also backed him. Of course I did, the greatest noisemonger I have EVER come across, and the album was to be a once off release to backers only!! It was only a miserly £30 hard earned from a shitty dead end job, whatever, but it never happened as we all know, and I never got to redeem ANYTHING before he shut up shop. I asked him recently could he hook me up, he asked that I never email him again...

"NEVER MEET YOUR HEROES"

I would GREATLY appreciate any of his music if someone was prepared to be so generous, I would happily reciprocate with a copy or two of anything from my Discogs.com collection, trade music for music, avoid the filthy cash so we never end up like those whom it corrupts. Thanks, BD

...or does anyone know what I would get if he allowed me spend a further £10plus on his website, but I would prefer to abide by his wishes and simply not contact him again???

Saddened. Anyhow, I wish him no ill and I hope all his goals are realised and experiences a satisfaction that is truly fulfilling. X BD

• 5 months later...

Brilliant, bring it on... but such a pity Kris Weston could not get his album off the ground... plus plus still still waiting for my 'Further Adventures Beyond Dark Matter' Live DVD...

I backed Kris, he's on Root now to fund it, with a goal of September, site is down for maintenance right now. When you back him, you get the entire Orb back catalog for free, lol. Revenge is sweet.

I also backed him. Of course I did, the greatest noisemonger I have EVER come across, and the album was to be a once off release to backers only!! It was only a miserly £30 hard earned from a shitty dead end job, whatever, but it never happened as we all know, and I never got to redeem ANYTHING before he shut up shop. I asked him recently could he hook me up, he asked that I never email him again...

"NEVER MEET YOUR HEROES"

I would GREATLY appreciate any of his music if someone was prepared to be so generous, I would happily reciprocate with a copy or two of anything from my Discogs.com collection, trade music for music, avoid the filthy cash so we never end up like those whom it corrupts. Thanks, BD

...or does anyone know what I would get if he allowed me spend a further £10plus on his website, but I would prefer to abide by his wishes and simply not contact him again???

Saddened. Anyhow, I wish him no ill and I hope all his goals are realised and experiences a satisfaction that is truly fulfilling. X BD

Kris really does sound like a charming man:

• 4 years later...

I've been listening to the first half of this album pretty much nonstop for the last week. was dancing too aggressively with headphones on & accidentally sent my laptop flying off the shelf...

Not super familiar with the orb's work post early-years. what else holds up?

1 hour ago, Cryptowen said:

I've been listening to the first half of this album pretty much nonstop for the last week. was dancing too aggressively with headphones on & accidentally sent my laptop flying off the shelf...

Baghdad Batteries (basically a Fehlmann album) is excellent. The rest is very hit or miss.

The most recent one, Abolition of the Royal Familia is actually pretty good as well. No Fehlmann though - it’s more in the vein of an Adventures type thing.

• Like 1

this gets a regular rinse since it came out, still. (Okie Dokie as well)  they both just hit that sweet spot for me

My "Digital" Moonbuilding:

God's Mirrorball      
Moon Scapes 2703 BC
Lunar Caves
Moonbuilding 2703 AD
Dilla's Moon Quake
Moon Quake 1
Moon Quake (Slice Of Silver)
Moon Quake 3
Moon Quake 6
Moonbuilding 2703 AD (Wolfgang Voigt - AntiretroAmbientPsycholkaMix)
Moonbuilding 2703 AD (Wassermann - PsychoSchaffelClusterMix)
Moonbuilding 2703 AD (Teebs - Moon Grotto Mix)

5 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

Okie Dokie is mostly pretty solid. Other than that, Moonbuilding is the only thing I've really liked of theirs since Orblivion. Better off just listening to Thomas Fehlmann albums imo.