IGNORED

Pye Corner Audio - Prowler

stephen1966

New album out Thursday on limited edition (500) vinyl, with downloads to follow.

Pre-orders have sold out through Norman Records, so may have to order direct from the (More Than Human Records) label.

Excerpt from the title track below. Seems to be maturing quite well..

If you're in the states, ordering direct from the label is way cheaper anyway. 27 usd shipped. Sounding a lot less dark than the direction he had been heading in, while still maintaining that sinister vibe he does so well which is a big positive for me. Can't wait to hear the whole album

• 1 month later...

I find when creating music like this, it's hard to keep ideas from becoming too dark sounding. Certain synth based music that can't come up for air once in a while can be a little oppressive, and the biggest struggles for me musically are sometimes keeping compositions from getting too murky and dull. This album rides that line very well. It's got that signature Pye Corner sound, but keeps it light enough in places that make it a better listen. It easy to make sinister melodies but giving them life is more difficult.

• 1 month later...

Archived