IGNORED

FireScope - Sublabel of B12

t yst r

Steve Rutter sent out a mailing announcing FireScope, a new sublabel of B12. Following the two recent B12 records, two more are to come out on this label in the following months. Also announced is Kinestatics, which is Steve Rutter with Karla Hajman.

http://www.firescope.co.uk/

Love the -somewhat corny looking- website, just like the original one. Nice to see B12 so active again, though I'm guessing Mike Golding is out of the picture this time...

• 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Watched that whole interview. Seems like a really humble guy. I didn’t discover b12 in full until a few years ago when the reissues came out. I have to say that I put on time tourist a lot. It sounds exactly like some ideal version of techno. 

it was interesting to hear about how the move towards more complex music from his peers at warp was part of the reason for him to walk away from it.

It’s pretty sad in a way since it seems like there’s room for all kinds of styles and I don’t think something like b12 should have gone in that direction anyway.

Glad to hear he is still making stuff. I’m going to check out brain fog here shortly

Archived