IGNORED

NAMM 2016 : The thread

d-a-m-o

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

ok, so it's fucking great escpecially for the price. Sounds pretty bread and butter but in a good way.

The only thing that pisses me off with these aimed at the mass synths is the number of presets. It greatly reduced the amount of legit usable sounds someone can use. I know that kinda sounds ridiculous but there was some rad sounding presets in there and there is no way I would go near them for fear of having the exact same sound as a million other people who don't mind using the same sound as everyone else.

Idiots tie sounds with genres and it makes them unusable in other styles for fear of ridicule. I don't know, kinda silly rant.

Great job though korg.

^ I understand where you're coming from, but this synth is kinda made for quick access to a range of bread&butter classic sounds as you said, innit - it's not really for deep sound design, and there's only so many ways to make a DONK sound. imo if you think of it as something basic like a bass guitar or something it'll be ok, you wouldn't complain about people using essentially all the same basic bass guitar sound in their tunes amiright?

Guest Chesney

yeah totally man. The way I'll deal with the problem is by not buying it ha. the reason I have not bought any of the newer synths in recent years.

I think it sounds great and I like that it does nice b&b classic analogue sounds. I'd rather pay for a new synth than a 2nd hand one from the 80s because I'd be too afraid of breakages. I might pick one of these up if the price is decent in the UK. I have a Blofeld for sound design purposes, lush pads etc and a more basic synth for bass lines and leads is pretty much what I'm after right now.

demo

"You just turn knobs and very musical things tend to happen."

Show me a synth where controlling the exact same parameters does not produce musical things...

A typical synth demo.

shipping + taxes = no bueno

fuck EU seriously

2 years mandatory warranty in price in EU vs 1 year in US. Also Japan has some deal with US.

Archived