IGNORED

NAMM 2016 : The thread

d-a-m-o

Never really felt much about Amon Tobins music but that little interview expressed exactly how I feel about it all it makes me want to dig right into his music and give it the time it deserves. Sounds like a great bloke.

Totally.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, ever since an interview I heard of him around the release of Supermodified I've followed all his stuff with keen interest knowing there's a great bloke behind it all !

WHAT!

now I'm definitely selling my volca keys

edit: though, I do have FM on both the OP-1 and monomachine.. but will definitely keep an eye on this one

I wonder what sort of shenanigans they're gonna pull to let you program 6 fm operators on a volca interface...

One oscillator that triggers two voicings that sound like someone saying either the letter F or the letter M.

sent using magic space waves

I wonder what sort of shenanigans they're gonna pull to let you program 6 fm operators on a volca interface...

It looks like a simple case of guesswork spread over a couple of buttons and a knob....

In fairness tho, the OP-1 fm is controlled by 4 knobs which I don't really know what each one does but it's capable of a great deal of sounds. It's only 4-op though I believe.

As long as people aren't expecting FM8 in a little box it should be ok.

Looking forward to the Oasys Volca :)

That Maxibrute is gonna be so expensive. Looks like a solid implementation of a great idea though. Volca FM? Need to hear this thing...

sent using magic space waves

One quote on sonic state says a supplier has suggested $1800 usd which if true puts it into the sub37 range. Could be interesting if true

Archived