IGNORED

Martin Shkreli vs. Ghostface Killah

Npoess

This VF piece was really interesting...

He said his public persona is "a really weird form of sarcasm"

And then later: "authenticity is really important to me"

The way he talks about himself, about perceptions of him, about morality/legality, about his history of backstabbing business colleagues...it's just so clear that he's a minor sociopath on the spectrum

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/12/martin-shkreli-pharmaceuticals-ceo-interview

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thread needs to be renamed "shkreli jelly"

also that wutang album is probably garbage i hope he destroys it

Wow, you really think we're all just jealous of the dude?

Like this guy is totally just as cool as Elon Musk or Bill Gates, but we've randomly scapegoated him because we're all bitter about not being millionaires

Also your comment about the Wu-Tang album is soooo Trump-esque in its logic..."Wu-Tang dissed my boy, therefor the album prolly sucks"

No that's based in the empirically provable fact that most rap is disposable shit, especially rap made by soft old men.

Well that is probably true

But I think the quality of Wu Tang's past work would skew that probability in their favor

how did he get that nose, though... its geometry is just too stark and alien to be real/human.

Finally someone is asking the right questions, fuck this kid.

No that's based in the empirically provable fact that most rap is disposable shit, especially rap made by soft old men.

I'm 'bout to roll up on your block and make it earthquake

One person built an empire/fortune from nothing coming from humble Brooklyn beginnings and now owns a company that makes medicine (which offers it for free to anyone who can't afford it or doesn't have insurance) as a result of years of hard work & applied education/intelligence.

The other killed some people (over drugs or some whore or a territorial/gang dispute) and then mumbled about it over a sampled drumbeat.

I know which I respect more.

One person built an empire/fortune from nothing coming from humble Brooklyn beginnings and now owns a company that makes medicine (which offers it for free to anyone who can't afford it or doesn't have insurance) as a result of years of hard work & applied education/intelligence.

The other killed some people (over drugs or some whore or a territorial/gang dispute) and then mumbled about it over a sampled drumbeat.

1) you left out all the defrauding and worming out of debts

2) yeah, pretty much...rap has disturbingly normalized gang violence...monsters like Tupac Shakur somehow gain this rep as a sensitive poet type fighting the good fight, or Cheef Keef, or Eminem, or Snoop being this lovable stoner dude...so yeah

Guest bitroast

quit trolling or quit being stupid.

you left out all the defrauding and worming out of debts

That's nothing the majority of us haven't done on some micro/cash level (if we're being really honest). The scale of it just increases the further up the economic ladder you go. It's just romanticized when it's done by brown-skinned ghetto thugs and vilified when it's done by a white man who's so good at it he can afford to buy an album by has-beens for $2 mil.

I see your troll and raise you a slap from my pimp hand.

So by not riding the dick of a murderer who can rhyme but hasn't done anything relevant for 20 years, and by legitimately taking into consideration all the information I'm presented with in regards to someone who owns a company that makes medicine, I am trolling?

I will keep this in mind going forward.

Ghostface

catch the blast of a hype verse

ma glock burst, leavin' a hearse

I did worse

I come rough, tough like an elephant tusk

Ya head rush, fly like Egyptian musk

So by not riding the dick of a murderer who can rhyme but hasn't done anything relevant for 20 years, and by legitimately taking into consideration all the information I'm presented with in regards to someone who owns a company that makes medicine, I am trolling?

I will keep this in mind going forward.

Well Shkreli is more of a loan shark than the CEO of a research based company. He isn't leading the development of new therapies, just buying pre-existing ones and using it as a way to rip off investors and patients.

Ghostface Killah is just a great entertainer.

You should consider working in the financial sector. You'd fit right in.

Here, help:

http://news.efinancialcareers.com/uk-en/231411/gselevator-alternative-routes-to-getting-a-job-on-wall-street/

Archived