IGNORED

where tha buzz machines at

Cryptowen

jeskola buzz crew get in here rn

i'm looking to expand my generator & buzz fx library because it's been very minimal for a while, but the main http://buzzmachines.com/ site seems to be down. Does anybody know where else a person might find an online buzz gear library, megapacks, that sort of thing? I wanna get ready to rok

Joachip at buzzforums wrote:

"Hello IX,

Thanks for trying your best to upload, but this site is not ready yet.
The site's code is not yet reliable or correctly functional, so don't expect proper results just yet.
I will make a public announcement once it's fully operational."

but that was three month ago

Tell you why it's down - Every account on there got leaked: Usernames, passwords, any other information you put in your profile is now out in the open. Eeek.

Luckily I last logged on there ~10 years ago where my details have long changed - but if you're using the same password as you did on there, change it ASAP !

In the mean time, I'll upload my (stupidly large) gear folder to wetransfer now...It'll be about 30 mins, my upload speed is rubbish

I'll upload my (stupidly large) gear folder to wetransfer now

thanks pete ~~~

i don't thinnnk i ever had an account on buzzmachines, but yeah if i did it was back in highschool & there'd only be one password from that era's roster still kickin around...

sup

buzz for life

most of the buzz plugins are pretty shit though, all you need is Matilde Tracker and Polac VST

Raverb was my reverb of choice for years until I bought Valhalla's VSTs, basically everything I did ran through it !

Later on aCloud became my sample player of choice (granular synth) though Matilda was used for everything more conventional.

I could be thinking of a completely different developer but I believe the cheapo range add a bit of a nasty dc offset to the audio chain ...

dunno, nothing noticeable 4 me

most of the buzz plugins are pretty shit though, all you need is Matilde Tracker and Polac VST

i started avoiding vsts back in the 00s because i found most of them to be cpu intensive & bogged down by goofy GUIs. i dunno maybe its different now tho

I mostly use MTrk & a few workhorse synths (sooo many of my tracks are basically just edited Greenmilk & Oomek Aggressor), but it's nice to have a shitload of machines onhand somethings, when I want to add some chaos

sup

buzz for life

Raverb was my reverb of choice for years until I bought Valhalla's VSTs, basically everything I did ran through it !

Later on aCloud became my sample player of choice (granular synth) though Matilda was used for everything more conventional.

FunkyVerb is a pretty lush reverb, better than Raverb imo. I think I stopped using Raverb because it was giving noise bursts.

Infector is fantastic. All FSM plugs are great really. Matilde, Primifun, Wacko T-1, TB-4004, the Zaphod "Colour" filters, etc etc. So many great plug-ins in Buzz.

Voltmap I'm not 100% what they're for (possibly a waveshaper?), the .drumkits are for PSI Drum 1 & 2 (think there's another drum machine that can use them - drumgrid maybe). Stick with PSI Drum 2 as it's the most compatible though, even then it's flaky as hell so use with caution !

It's a folder that I've gradually expanded over 10-15 years so there's probably loads of junk in there not needed!

Voltmaps were for one of Cyan's plug-ins. I think they were for ViDist:

http://buzz.robotplanet.dk/machineinfo.php?id=7549

Looking up Cyan's plugins reminded me of a story. In late 2001, I lived in Montreal with another buzz user. Cyan lived nearby and hung out with us for a few days so that we could all go see Autechre play at Club Soda. The sub bass was so crazy during their set that it almost made Cyan sick to his stomach. He had to try to escape it by going to the very back of the venue. It was a memorable show.

Tell you why it's down - Every account on there got leaked: Usernames, passwords, any other information you put in your profile is now out in the open. Eeek.

Luckily I last logged on there ~10 years ago where my details have long changed - but if you're using the same password as you did on there, change it ASAP !

In the mean time, I'll upload my (stupidly large) gear folder to wetransfer now...It'll be about 30 mins, my upload speed is rubbish

Wow. I just realized I haven't used Buzz in like 13 years. I remember having to read the manual to understand what was happening because it was the third piece of music software I had tried out.

@ mcb & para thx dudes

Are people still actively developing machines for Buzz? Last time I was one buzzmachines.com it looked like there hasn't been an update in a few years

I think some of the buzz machine people moved on to VSTs

I've used buzz for some years and haven't used it's machines, pretty much in any case (well maybe few effects every now and then). These days buzz is pretty stable to use with VST's..

Archived