IGNORED

Q for Buzz Users

Cryptowen

I've got one of them Midisport usb -> midi cables. Used to run it from my XP computer to a Pro Solo. But that computer don't work so hot any more, so the last few months I've been producing on a Win7 Starter netbook, & I can't seem to get Buzz to send out any midi signals (it does recognize the device though). Also, MIDI-OX doesn't show any signals in or out when I test with it.

Also also, Buzz doesn't seem to recognize the Polac MIDI Out thingy anymore. Anyone have any idea how I might rectify this situation?

(I would have asked this on the Buzz forum I used to go on but it seems to have vanished into the ether)

I've been having the same problem actually. I bought a USB MIDI cable a while ago and it worked fine for a few days but then Buzz wouldn't send MIDI signals out through it anymore (even though, as you said, it recognised the device). Only happens with Buzz, other programs are fine.. Strange!

Midi definitely does work on the new builds, though as I'm away from my machine at the moment I can't check my settings. Maybe try ticking or unticking the following:

View ->Options->Master Keyboard Mode

View ->Options->Midi filtering

Make sure your device is selected on this too:

PreferencesMidiInput.png

EDIT: Ahhh you mean 'midi out' not midi in general - mmmm sorry never actually used that feature. IS IDIOT. Maybe just update the polac drivers ? - http://www.xlutop.com/buzz/zip/beta/pvst_v1.1.10b16.zip

I think to coincide with Oskari's hard disk failure that caused the initial 10 year development halt of Buzz, it was only apt that the BuzzChurch hosts suffered a similar fate - though as everyone seems to have moved to http://forums.jeskola.net/ now, it's the place for all things Buzz related. A database backup was made a month before the crash and I think there's talk of possibly restoring it, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Archived