IGNORED

Th Homeless

Redruth

There are predators aplenty among the human race, u must've pushed your luck a few times?

interest in my genitals went way up, which was more of a mixed blessing than i initially would have assumed

the way i got judged by some people started to weigh on me after a while. like one time in july i'm digging cans out of the trash & this guy starts giving me shit. "oh it's great that you can play with cans all day, some of us have to work real jobs". at that point i was midway through my third 14 hour day collecting cans, arms were covered in weird black goo, and i'd make about $4 in a good hour.

i generally avoided "real" homeless people. the fact that there were so many of them, trapped in this lifestyle because it was all they'd known for years, had drug addiction or mental illness etc etc - that was too much for me. if i thought about the reality of it for very long my entire worldview started to implode

As someone who is actually homeless, around the homeless and dealing with them/as one regularly, even if trying to avoid them, what you say would help?

Is there anything us outsiders-sitting-inside can do to help the homeless? Do they wish for help or are they happy to be left alone?

Help apart from asking for sexual favours that is.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Respect, few things will give u a better insight into your own psyche & the human condition. There are predators aplenty among the human race, u must've pushed your luck a few times?

The local council where my Ma lives have tried implementing a ban on homeless folks sleeping rough.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/oct/25/homeless-people-newport-angry-council-ban-rough-sleeping

Given how many people this covers and the spectrum of mental health issues involved words just fail sometimes....so many places around London have adjusted to those soft spikes in recent years too. Makes u wonder.

this makes me so f**king angry I could spade someone in the face. the people who brought this in should be forced to sleep rough for a week in winter.

seriously, they create the issue by providing inadequate support for the mentally ill and failing to provide housing for those who need it.

the lack of compassion in some people is frankly absolutely f**king disgusting. as are people who regard them as "entertainment".

Do they wish for help or are they happy to be left alone?

well that's just it - "homeless people" covers a huge range of people. Young, old, men, women, drug addicted, alcoholic, sober, mentally ill, depressed, "normal", destitute, content...The important thing is to not reduce them to a label because of their current living situation. Every single person, homeless or not, has at each & every moment a distinct set of factors affecting how they interact with the world & what they want out of it. Some want to be left alone. Some want help. Many think they want help in one way but really they need help in a totally different way. Interact with each person as if they were you living a different life, with a different set of memories & biases & emotional triggers, but ultimately still you deep down

On a corporate level, though: if you throw away perfectly good food, don't chase people away if they try to recover that food so they have something to eat. Yeah it's fair to talk to them if they're making a big mess or a lot of noise or whatever, but don't try to stop a person trying to survive off shit you didn't even want. That's a dick move

In London, are developers putting down those spikey things, or is the city itself doing it? Either way, it's so inhumane I'm surprised we didn't think of it first.

Do they wish for help or are they happy to be left alone?

well that's just it - "homeless people" covers a huge range of people. Young, old, men, women, drug addicted, alcoholic, sober, mentally ill, depressed, "normal", destitute, content...The important thing is to not reduce them to a label because of their current living situation. Every single person, homeless or not, has at each & every moment a distinct set of factors affecting how they interact with the world & what they want out of it. Some want to be left alone. Some want help. Many think they want help in one way but really they need help in a totally different way. Interact with each person as if they were you living a different life, with a different set of memories & biases & emotional triggers, but ultimately still you deep down

On a corporate level, though: if you throw away perfectly good food, don't chase people away if they try to recover that food so they have something to eat. Yeah it's fair to talk to them if they're making a big mess or a lot of noise or whatever, but don't try to stop a person trying to survive off shit you didn't even want. That's a dick move

nice post, i like your outlook

just wanted to say, that the people who made Bum Fights deserve to be shot (see earlier post where i spew caustic rage).

just googled bumfights and apparently the producer of the first film was arrested for buying body parts in Thailand wtf

On Tuesday, the police said they had seized parcels containing a baby's head, a baby's foot sliced into three parts, an adult heart with a stab wound, and pieces of adult human skin with tattoos.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

just wanted to say, that the people who made Bum Fights deserve to be shot (see earlier post where i spew caustic rage).

just googled bumfights and apparently the producer of the first film was arrested for buying body parts in Thailand wtf

On Tuesday, the police said they had seized parcels containing a baby's head, a baby's foot sliced into three parts, an adult heart with a stab wound, and pieces of adult human skin with tattoos.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

sociopath

Archived