IGNORED

Tycho - "Division"

love tycho, cant wait!

dont get the hype around this guy , his tracks could be instrumentals for any mainstream Pop star out there

I recommend to listen to his first stuff

dont get the hype around this guy , his tracks could be instrumentals for any mainstream Pop star out there

Nice - since Awake he has certainly developed his own style and feel, and this song is a continuation of that.

I think Dive was the big turning point, for me anyway. He got out of his oft-alleged BoC aping sound by then.

As much as I enjoy his work Tycho's live show was one of the most bizarre and surreal experiences I've had, I actually regretted going to it instead my friend's local drone show. It sounded great but it was so sterile and lackluster that I felt like it was a Windows Screensaver demo. And the crowd...jesus christ that was a clusterfuck. I've actually not shared the whole story here but I'm sure many watmmers would enjoy it. I'll typed it out fully and post it later.

ok his first record sounds indeed better but still a lot like elevator or background spa buddha music. Did someone saw him live ? his show looks nice, especialy the visuals part.

Nice - since Awake he has certainly developed his own style and feel, and this song is a continuation of that.

I think Dive was the big turning point, for me anyway. He got out of his oft-alleged BoC aping sound by then.

As much as I enjoy his work Tycho's live show was one of the most bizarre and surreal experiences I've had, I actually regretted going to it instead my friend's local drone show. It sounded great but it was so sterile and lackluster that I felt like it was a Windows Screensaver demo. And the crowd...jesus christ that was a clusterfuck. I've actually not shared the whole story here but I'm sure many watmmers would enjoy it. I'll typed it out fully and post it later.

PLEASE share that story!

I feel like I should be into Tycho and have listened to plenty of tracks but the music just flatlines for me in terms of emotional content. The music just drifts inconsequentially; no tension, no payoff. I respect that he is plowing a new furrow with the live band thing but instead of sounding like BoC the newer music sounds more like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dwXU2i-7r4

That being said the track in the OP is pretty cool. Like that he's rocking the 7/8.

My son and I went and saw him live in Houston at Fitzgerald's during his Dive tour (we got to watch from stage left) and I thought the visuals, and the whole show was great. Haven't seen him live since, but from what I've seen on videos, his current live shows are even better.

I've been able to seem him live both solo after Past is Prologue and with the full band after Dive and both shows were excellent. The solo set @ 111 Minna in San Francisco was very, very cool.

I agree somewhat with Goiter's sentiments on his sound but I've still genuinely enjoyed every Tycho release so far and look forward to whatever he's putting out.

• 2 months later...

PLEASE share that story!

My son and I went and saw him live in Houston at Fitzgerald's during his Dive tour (we got to watch from stage left) and I thought the visuals, and the whole show was great. Haven't seen him live since, but from what I've seen on videos, his current live shows are even better.

Yeah it was objectively a great show, just wasn't what I expected I guess. I missed my friends drone show to see Tycho and regretted it. Also I was dry-humped by some drunk douchebag and there was a really cringe-y moment where their OS crashed (I guess they were running everything through that to EQ it?) and some crowd members started a short but awkward argument over DAWs.

Archived