Good Canadians you can recommend

may be rude

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Peterson

oops limpy this is the good canadians thread

I just saw this morning that he's all over the news

https://www.buzzfeed.com/laurenstrapagiel/a-toronto-professor-says-he-refuses-to-recognzie-gender-neut?utm_term=.tdL2KRwzx#.heO82lkWL

Very surreal...this whole thing has been framed as a trans issue, but his actual concern is that there are now potentially-true things that are now illegal to say...

yeah he's all over the news at the moment for this but there's a lot of stuff he's said in the past as well that i find really concerning

but yeah im not gonna get into it on here hah

yeah he's all over the news at the moment for this but there's a lot of stuff he's said in the past as well that i find really concerning

but yeah im not gonna get into it on here hah

What has he said that concerns you? I'm really interested to know...I think I've watched 25-30 of his lectures and although he's said some clearly controversial things, that is not at all a bad thing IMO...students should be able to hear views they disagree with without running to daddy to stop the bad man from talking

That being said, I certainly don't agree with him all the time, but I don't have the impulse to punish him legally when he says things I disagree with...that is not what free societies do (if they wanna stay free)

I don't wanna get too alarmist, but historically the way free societies become un-free is by making certain politically-controversial truths illegal...look around the world and throughout history from Maoism to Communist Russia to present-day theocracies like Saudi Arabia...if there are true or potentially-true things that are illegal to say, then we have officially lost our way

Archived