IGNORED

Tekken

mid brow

yes, fuck 2d fighters, not really but fuck them.

I really look at them as two different game types, both have their strengths and weaknesses.

yeah, I've just always had so much more fun with tekken, soul calibur and virtua fighter among others.

3d street fighter would be the tits

That was indeed a thing -

My mate had it and remember it being pretty good though all we seemed to ever do was try and pull off all the long combo moves in the training thing....

I think Tekken 5 was the last one I really played, but I've always been a fan of the series. I'll probably be picking this one up eventually.

Yah, Tekken 7 is good, but I haven't gotten into it (I'm in Tokyo, been checking it out since the beta releases).  Feels like Tekken 6.  ...But boy is it fucking beautiful.  Up until 7 I felt that Tekken 6 was the most aesthetically pleasing fighting game I've ever played/seen, but Tekken 7 ups the ante.  Street Fighter IV and V both look good, but I thought nothing of aesthetics being a major part of them.  (...King Of Fighters XIII is possibly second place in aesthetics for me.)

Something I took last year:

http://imgur.com/oEsABPz

Point being, overall the competitive scene seems to be dying a bit for Tekken 7.  There's just something about Tekken that doesn't have longevity...  Maybe the slower-paced tap-tap-tap type rhythm?  To give some sort of comparison, the Virtua Fighter 5 competitive scene here is STILL STRONG, and that's like 6 years after the release of the final version.

So I basically posted in this thread to say:  VIRTUA FIGHTER FOR LIFE!!!!!  MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...a. .a. .. . ha.....  Man.

Street Fighter > Tekken

(Haven't played either of the last ones though)

no

like jr said they're both very different and very fun. i find the mind games are more pure in tekken than in street fighter since there aren't really option selects in tekken. they're both still really fun.

Yah, Tekken 7 is good, but I haven't gotten into it (I'm in Tokyo, been checking it out since the beta releases).  Feels like Tekken 6.  ...But boy is it fucking beautiful.  Up until 7 I felt that Tekken 6 was the most aesthetically pleasing fighting game I've ever played/seen, but Tekken 7 ups the ante.  Street Fighter IV and V both look good, but I thought nothing of aesthetics being a major part of them.  (...King Of Fighters XIII is possibly second place in aesthetics for me.)

Something I took last year:

http://imgur.com/oEsABPz

Point being, overall the competitive scene seems to be dying a bit for Tekken 7.  There's just something about Tekken that doesn't have longevity...  Maybe the slower-paced tap-tap-tap type rhythm?  To give some sort of comparison, the Virtua Fighter 5 competitive scene here is STILL STRONG, and that's like 6 years after the release of the final version.

So I basically posted in this thread to say:  VIRTUA FIGHTER FOR LIFE!!!!!  MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH...a. .a. .. . ha.....  Man.

i know jp is the vf stronghold but i'm surprised there weren't that many people playing t7. i've read that asian players are finally adopting online play and arcade attendance in general is starting to decline but i think in korea at least tekken is still doing pretty good.

green arcade still always has players and is streaming:

https://www.twitch.tv/greentekken

god this game is going to be so good

hope they do some online betas like they did with sfv so we can get a taste before feb

Tokyo is still playing Tekken 7, but it has its ups and downs. I also don't go to game centers at peak hours anymore, cuz I'm not actively in the fighting game scene anymore. Peak hours = most awesome matches. It's like MMA but with 20 fights going on at the same time. And there's TVs around showing high ranking matches from around the world.

When I was in middle school, Tokyo was my fighting game training grounds. Then when I went back to Hawaii for boarding school, I fought some top level shit like I was from the future.

Luv tekken, I'd be up for some watmm games when it comes out. Everyone on ps4?

Only thing a bit rubbish about modern tekken is it keeps getting more OTT/cheesy. Tekken 3 had a vibe all of its own and I wish they could recapture it.

always mained king with a lil' jin on the side. would like to play a stance character like yoshi or ling but i'm not creative smart enough to play them effectively. from the new characters lucky chloe is the only one that really interests me so far

always mained king with a lil' jin on the side. would like to play a stance character like yoshi or ling but i'm not creative smart enough to play them effectively. from the new characters lucky chloe is the only one that really interests me so far

I used Michelle and Yoshimitsu in Tekken, Armor King and Lei Wulong back in Tekken 2, Brian in T3, never played T4, and then Lili and Dragonov in Tekken 5/5DR and 6.

Lucky Chloe is... weird (and that's saying something for a Tekken character). Play style looks interesting though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHcHOVyGOPQ

LOL, that Chloe gets REKT by Lili...

Archived