IGNORED

BOC's Little Intermission Songs

tarsier888

what are your opinions on these? i think there are way too many of them, and they may have been better without them. either that or the space used for the intermissions could be used up with actual full songs, like 1969, music is math, etc.

epecially on geogaddi..

i mean, i like them, they are pretty neat, but.. i think there are just way too many of them..

i don't know, what do you guys think?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest i.fucked.your.mother

There can never be too many of their interludes. Most, if not all of them are as equally great as their "normal" songs. I personally love the way they're set up because they give a very smooth continuity to the albums. I can't imagine one with less.

There can never be too many of their interludes. Most, if not all of them are as equally great as their "normal" songs. I personally love the way they're set up because they give a very smooth continuity to the albums. I can't imagine one with less.

yes

Give it time, I used to think the same way as you but the short tracks are what really makes Geogaddi the most special and coherent album of theirs for me.

Guest sinkfield

if you dont like them then hit the skip button/move the needle/hit ff or whatever it is you gotta do to get to the track you wanna hear...

In general, I tend to enjoy the short interludes more than the "full-length" tracks. I would happy if the just made a whole album of 30-40 short tracks. Actually, that would be pretty awsome.

In conclusion, Olson is an incredible track.

Guest twiddler
In general, I tend to enjoy the short interludes more than the "full-length" tracks. I would happy if the just made a whole album of 30-40 short tracks. Actually, that would be pretty awsome.

In conclusion, Olson is an incredible track.

yeah, definitely.

short tracks make a great for listen on a full-length release, sort of like punctuation, on an EP(like TCH) it doesn't work so well though.

The interlude tracks are the best ones, clownboat.

I wouldn't say they were the best, but they are fucking good.

I liked Autechres take on interlude tracks on LP5.

Actually I'm lying, they were shit.

Yeah, but they were more often integrated with other tracks. Lessened the tracklisting somewhat. Is that a good thing though?

Guest bocae

If every long tracks were played non-stop, it would sound weird. Those interludes complete the album.

Thats what makes the albums good. Little creepy interludes. Geogaddi was best(geniesou). Music has the right was pretty good(genious). A beatiful place sucked ass. high scores was medeocre. TCHs(both) suck. BOC maxima sucked. Twoism sucked. Im not sure about anything else because I hav't listened. But yeah, id really like to hear the old tunes and see what they are like.

Thats what makes the albums good. Little creepy interludes. Geogaddi was best(geniesou). Music has the right was pretty good(genious). A beatiful place sucked ass. high scores was medeocre. TCHs(both) suck. BOC maxima sucked. Twoism sucked. Im not sure about anything else because I hav't listened. But yeah, id really like to hear the old tunes and see what they are like.

lol wow you really don't like BOC do you :laughing:

Guest Raddcliff

i think ever single segue is awesome except for one....

track 04 on old tunes vol 1 [if thats the correct track] the one with the whip sound and the plucky guitar.

but it falls no nicely in front of 'finity' that i kinda like it.

Guest Audiophile

those small bits are boc's favourite pieces. some of their best work are those small "interludes", especially off of campfire headphase.

lol wow you really don't like BOC do you :laughing:

I love them. Believe me, I just can't get into some of their stuff/some of it sucks. There was some time where their creative minds were in a place where I could relate, but not anymore.

I love them. Believe me, I just can't get into some of their stuff/some of it sucks. There was some time where their creative minds were in a place where I could relate, but not anymore.

For sure, I love BOC and Autechre, but loving EVERYTHING they have put out is something I can never do. If I like more than half of an artist's total output, then they rank among my favorites.

Quite a few of the interludes on the Campfire Headphase ( I think Sherbert Head and Ataronchronon mainly) have a real crunchy grainy/ granular synthesis type sound. I always found it a little out of character that BoC would use such a well-worn modern technique which dates the music to the last few years.

Quite a few of the interludes on the Campfire Headphase ( I think Sherbert Head and Ataronchronon mainly) have a real crunchy grainy/ granular synthesis type sound. I always found it a little out of character that BoC would use such a well-worn modern technique which dates the music to the last few years.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like to me, that it's very fast LFO's modulating the amplitude, if you are talking about what I think you're talking about.

Archived