IGNORED

getting started with fruity loops

Guest Fishtank

Guest Holy Crap

so I got how to put in the premade beats but how do I put my own stuff in?

I add my .wav to the track and turn the sample on but nothing happens

also how do I stretch beats out to make them longer

Well then hopefully you'll get the correct responses in here.

I'd help you, but I've never tried Fruity Loops myself.

you put a bass drum every four, and a hihat every four, then opffset the hat by 2 then add a 303 going dododododoedodeodododod on middl;e c, then you twist the cutoff and frequency knobs.

that is how most people use fruity loops.

Guest Holy Crap

well I'm saying I don't want to use the premade sounds

I want to put my own stuff in there so I can sequence it

Guest George P. Comatose
:fear::excl: BY Order of the commandant: you need to use the fpc drum machine plugin by left clicking and selecting it from the insert channel menu where all the plugins are at and then add your hitz too it then draw things in on the piano roll (by left-clicking on the FPC and selecting piano roll) :cool: :grin: :sad: as for making your beats longer i have no idea what that is supposed to mean maybe you need longer hits or sumfing real strange man thats got me all twisted up now i probably didnt explain this right but its real easy to do honest......incidentally people who dump on flstudio are ignorant twats who know nothing about anything least of all music......vling!

i wasn't dumping on flstudio.. it's a ridiculously powerful piece of software if you know what you're doing with it.

i was just saying that's not what most people do with it. :rolleyes:

Guest George P. Comatose

i wasnt really referring to you man i just mean in genereal people have something against it (mainly becuase of the name i suspect) and it takes a lot of flak for no reason when its just as good as anything else if you use it properly :cool: :grin: :laughing: :omg: :sad:

Guest Holy Crap

yeah, I see all the knobs and buttons and I'm not sure what they do so I guess the best thing to do is experiment

what I meant was I want a single loop to have more beats per measure, like extend the time signiture

Open a new song, delete all the tracks (right click on the track and delete) until you get just one called "sampler". Click on this. A window will open up, click on the file icon, browse your .wav files and select the one you want. Make sure you're in pattern mode (little light next to the play/stop buttons), and click on some of the step sequencer buttons so they light up, to achieve the desired pattern. Press play.

For loops - put in in exactly the same way, apart from you will only probably need to click on the beginning step sequencer button as that will trigger the whole loop to pay. Set your pattern length (tiny little box at the top left corner of the step sequncer screen). Press play, the loop will be out of time, go into the piano roll (little piano key symbol in top right hand corner of step sequencer) and simply choose a lower key to play the loop slower or a higher key to play faster etc. Fine tuning can be done with the pitch control knob.

Hope that helps.

Guest Iain C

Stick with it... My experience with FL is that it's very convoluted and unintuitive in a lot of ways, the best way to learn is just to keep at it and experiment. For months. And months.

I think the best advice for starting out making music, with ANY software, is to keep at it, don't expect to know everything overnight, and just keep having fun with it. You'll learn as you go along.

be impressed or not HOLY CRAP... but i made this song with the ts404 spending years with it since it's inception into FL... plus the added drum samples, i've sampled myself from various pieces of gear.

Boodie Coo Feply

That is fucking brilliant.

Guest *__DOLLA MENU__*

save your av file in the folder entitled wav. then click open wav on the left hand side and tada! there is your file. drag to the sequencer. place there. then click on where you want it to go in the sequence. mess with the envelope to change lengths and other stuff. add efffects and then make your musics.

Guest Calverhall
be impressed or not HOLY CRAP... but i made this song with the ts404 spending years with it since it's inception into FL... plus the added drum samples, i've sampled myself from various pieces of gear.

Boodie Coo Feply

Very ace tune.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Holy Crap

ok so I figured out the answer to my question was the playlist

but I tried saving my file using export > mp3

my track was supposed to be 1 min 53 seconds and when I open it it's a 23:45 with nothing in it... :sad:

Archived