Sign in to follow this  
Lada Laika

Lada Laika thread

Real nice first track, very u-ziq or saw1 with some TRDJA/HAB glitch, slightly Last Step vibes too. Love the smooth mastering tone, the melodies are pretty and delay echo is always welcome in my house, really lovely Analord bridge chords and melody!

Real nice first track, very u-ziq or saw1 with some TRDJA/HAB glitch, slightly Last Step vibes too. Love the smooth mastering tone, the melodies are pretty and delay echo is always welcome in my house, really lovely Analord bridge chords and melody!

thank you for the kind words and ears!

wow ursine is a standout for me. nice mixing, although i would utilize the stereo field a little more, not a lot of panning going on.

your composition is top notch for sure

wow ursine is a standout for me. nice mixing, although i would utilize the stereo field a little more, not a lot of panning going on.

your composition is top notch for sure

thank you! stereo image is definitely something i constantly strive to improve. gotta get spatial

of course, in simplest terms it is all a matter of frequency, dynamics and panning

musically you have something really good going so master the space and you'll be somewhere extraordinary!

nice work on eve. something about the slow build and chord choice reminded me of Mogwai.

Listening now...the beginning reminds me of a slowed-down Goodbye Horses. I'm loving the melody and the time it takes with itself. Ooh now it's evolving, very pretty. Digging the percussion. Nice, serene track!

thank you both for listening - pretty honored to be compared to Mogwai!!

thanks! yeah i've definitely started trying to labor over more unique/interesting drums, that's usually the stuff that takes me the longest so no wonder I'm moving in a more ambient direction these days. 

lush

Not Lada Laika stuff, but an excerpt from a live jam with a friend of mine. Might revisit the perc in this, might just leave it and rerecord a new take, but we're pretty happy about how this turned out, considering it was our first time + improv. 

https://soundcloud.com/ladalaika/crane-and-crane-island-cranes-excerpt

i'm a bit late, just catching up.. gosh i adore Echolalia from the previous page.. when those bendy notes come in near the end...! *swoon*. really sweet stuff :)

i'm a bit late, just catching up.. gosh i adore Echolalia from the previous page.. when those bendy notes come in near the end...! *swoon*. really sweet stuff :)

cheers, thanks for your ears  :beer:

Very nice feel to this, I especially like when those soaring synth lines come in half way through. I feel like i'm noticing some clipping sounds and noise, not sure if that's intentional or not.

Very nice feel to this, I especially like when those soaring synth lines come in half way through. I feel like i'm noticing some clipping sounds and noise, not sure if that's intentional or not.

thanks! I'll take a look into those pops. it's probably one of the delays.