IGNORED

Iceage

Lane Visitor

Anyone heard this guys? Just discovered them today through a friend, and I gotta say it's one of the more interesting non-electronic artists I've discovered in the last like 5 years... Great post-punk energy with a lot of grit and emotion, while still focused and classy. Great balance between intention and raw energy.

This track and video really grabbed me

Other stuff seems a bit more low key but it's still cool stuff:

yep I know of 'em

I think was one of the last albums I bought just for the album cover (You're Nothing) I'd heard a few good reviews and came across the vinyl, and loved the album art, so I nabbed it.

Edited by beerwolf

I remember liking one of their albums, but then I decided I didn't want to become a hipster so I cut my beard and cancelled my order of sailor tattoos.

They're ok I guess.

Yeah I think the album cover was better than the music

(the one with the painting of a peregrine falcon) 

(sorry to be negative)

Edited by beerwolf

It's funny i was actually expecting myself to really dig their other output, but as I was posting this while listening to other tracks of theirs, it dawned on me that the other album tracks are pretty decent, but actually nothing mindblowing or brilliant. I'll still say very good compared to a lot of the current stuff out but I think I'm actually more digging the band itself and the performance and delivery than the songs really. There's a punk rock energy here that's missing from modern day music that I think needs to be paid attention to. Rock music is boring today because the lack of elements like this. Also with so much electronic, dance and hip hop music monopolizing the cool factor, its a breath of fresh air to hear some gnarly fuzzed out guitar and wailing vocals, but with actual direction and groove rather than what could easily end up being either a meandering mess or samey sounding shoegaze (like so many run of the mill experimental / noise rock artists are churning out). 

I remember liking one of their albums, but then I decided I didn't want to become a hipster so I cut my beard and cancelled my order of sailor tattoos.
They're ok I guess.

Hahaha.. yeah i hear ya. I will say I prefer this kind of hipster vibe over the drab indie pop stuff that's been going around lately. 

• 3 years later...

I never saw this thread originally but I remember when New Brigade came out in 2011 and I really dug it. Gonna check out Seek Shelter now

I absolutely LOVE iceage's music. Elias Ronnenfelt is a beautiful man in many ways.

This is a really cool track from 2012 in a Sacred Bones compilation from another band he was in at the time: