IGNORED

The Bro

TheBro

Your music kind of sounds like those old Roland workstation demo tunes, take that as you wish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it's a cool start.. i'd love to hear more variation over time, eg with the main synth riff that comes in around 0:15 (and continues for the whole song), it sounds like just the same synth stab played over and over.. it'd be cool if that had some automation/knob twiddling/fx on it, eg to give it a churning sort of sound, or dubstep wobbs, slideyness, rhythmgate stutter, or whatever suits :)

just an example thought anyway... i think some more automation on the various parts (if possible with whatever tools you're using) could bring it to life!

it's a cool start.. i'd love to hear more variation over time, eg with the main synth riff that comes in around 0:15 (and continues for the whole song), it sounds like just the same synth stab played over and over.. it'd be cool if that had some automation/knob twiddling/fx on it, eg to give it a churning sort of sound, or dubstep wobbs, slideyness, rhythmgate stutter, or whatever suits :)

just an example thought anyway... i think some more automation on the various parts (if possible with whatever tools you're using) could bring it to life!

Thanks yeah bit tough to do much automation as I'm using IAA and BM2 lol. Basically what you are hearing are wavs that's the reason why its a little bit rigid. The bassline I can automate but the parameters are a bit limited for sound shaping in BM2. I've done a version 2 though - have a listen!!

Listen to The Bro - Alien Slime (demo 2) by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.com/thebro/the-bro-alien-slime-demo-2

Listen to The Bro - Alien Slime (demo 2) by The Bro #np on #SoundCloud

https://soundcloud.com/thebro/the-bro-alien-slime-demo-2

What happened to your hardware Bro? If I recall you had a JV1080, Akai sampler and Korg 05r/w...maybe couple other bits. But even just with the above you could have made some pretty interesting stuff. Seems a shame not to use it if you still have it. I think you need to steer clear of Beatmaker 2 and anything like it - sounds shit mate.

What happened to your hardware Bro? If I recall you had a JV1080, Akai sampler and Korg 05r/w...maybe couple other bits. But even just with the above you could have made some pretty interesting stuff. Seems a shame not to use it if you still have it. I think you need to steer clear of Beatmaker 2 and anything like it - sounds shit mate.

Still got all that stuff. I just don't have it ready to use as we have pretty limited space in the flat. I'll get a hardware studio set up one day again though then I can start to use it again. BM2 is not that bad though lol. I'm mixing it up using BM3 too which is way more advanced as you can load AU3 into them although I haven't got any AU3s yet. Plus I'm gonna get myself a bluetooth midi controller soon as that'll giving me tweaking ability and spice things up a bit more. So you weren't feeling that last jam?

Edited by TheBro

Actually did really like Alien Slime sorry, got that classic electro feel. Defo could do with a bit more variation but not necessarily the patterns/notes - thought they fitted nicely. Just maybe a bit more filter modulation on the synth sounds, and some fills here and there on the drum track.

Edited by BCM

Actually did really like Alien Slime sorry, got that classic electro feel. Defo could do with a bit more variation but not necessarily the patterns/notes - thought they fitted nicely. Just maybe a bit more filter modulation on the synth sounds, and some fills here and there on the drum track.

Wow cheers man. Respect!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...