IGNORED

Sepha - I fell into the unknown

ganus

I've been working on this album for 4 years, and it's finally ready! 

The album has been inspired by coming of age, exploring nature, dealing with mental health issues & alienation, transitioning as gender non-binary, and having a kid.

Here's the bandcamp link:

https://sephamusic.bandcamp.com/album/i-fell-into-the-unknown

There's CDs & handmade tapes, and it's out on October 15th!

PS, let me know if you need a free download link for any reason, I'll be happy to provide.

Hey WATMM, this is out today! Digital downloads are now pay-what-you-can.

Tapes & CDs come with a bonus album download code... total of about 75 minutes of music.

sCx1d4j.jpg

I bounced around with this listening to bits and a few full tracks, some catchy little melodies and grooves throughout :) Allswell might've been the favorite I heard, need to listen to it all through soon.

Sorry to spam my own thread, but here's a lil more info on the project, as I think it might make more sense in context.

This album was my attempt at journaling my existence for the last 4 years. In this time, I:

• Dropped out of college

• Lost my dream of making music full time

• Left a 5-year relationship

• Lost friends and made new ones

• Wrote and recorded music in closets, attics, under the stairs, in the woods, and in many bedrooms

• Re-met and married a friend from my adolecence

• Had a baby, and watched him become a toddler

• Transitioned to living as gender non-binary full time

Both the album and the bonus album are organized chronologically (mostly), the intention being that it should tell a story.

Voice recordings of family members and family friends from an answering machine tape from '91 or '92 are used on the tracks Tension, Psychout, and Family. Shortly after I found out I would be having a baby, I found this tape, and it was filled with familiar voices, some painful, some I hadn't heard since their death, and some I had no memory of: the voices of my grandfathers. As I listened to the tapes I had a moment of catharsis, processing my childhood and those I had been bonded to since birth, and imagining how what I learned from those people would be reflected in my own experience as a parent.

I hope to have a listener or two who will connect to the story - hit me up if you do. Cheers. Thanks for your attention, bye

It's a good one start to finish!

Cool to hear the background on the life circumstances that helped inspire the music.  Sounds like quite the crazy journey.  Congrats on the album, the marriage, the baby, and further realizing your identity!  

It's a good one start to finish!

Cool to hear the background on the life circumstances that helped inspire the music. Sounds like quite the crazy journey. Congrats on the album, the marriage, the baby, and further realizing your identity!

Thank you for your kind words! And thanks again for mastering this.

Archived