IGNORED

be at ha ve n!

flacid

welcome back! this is lovely. i really enjoy the overall ambience and space of the piece, as well as the background percussive elements (esp. the stuff that sounds like woodblocks)

Thanks dude, trying to get back to simple tracks with a couple of VST's in ableton. 

chilled....which elm grove? looks like n london

Devon 

welcome back! this is lovely. i really enjoy the overall ambience and space of the piece, as well as the background percussive elements (esp. the stuff that sounds like woodblocks)

Thanks dude, trying to get back to simple tracks with a couple of VST's in ableton. 

chilled....which elm grove? looks like n london

Devon 

better

Very nice! Sound-wise it reminds me a lot of some of Ken Ishii's older stuff around his "Extra"-era. His stuff was a bit more playful though, but I like the passive-aggressiveness in this track ;)

I almost feel like saying that I wish it was mixed a bit tiny bit better and maybe sounded a bit less lo-fi, but then on the other hand I kinda like it the way it is.

The only thing I'd change is the build-up. It could bit a bit more engaging and I think you can fix this quite easily simply by removing the kick here and there, play with some filters, introduce some echo etc. :)

Elm Grove is damn groovy.SAW 1 vibes indeed.Smooth stuff,nice sounding melos.

Fine little track.

Dont try stop making tracks its impossible and you will only end up hurting yourself hahahahaha

Very nice! Sound-wise it reminds me a lot of some of Ken Ishii's older stuff around his "Extra"-era. His stuff was a bit more playful though, but I like the passive-aggressiveness in this track ;)

I almost feel like saying that I wish it was mixed a bit tiny bit better and maybe sounded a bit less lo-fi, but then on the other hand I kinda like it the way it is.

The only thing I'd change is the build-up. It could bit a bit more engaging and I think you can fix this quite easily simply by removing the kick here and there, play with some filters, introduce some echo etc. :)

Unfortunately we don't all have your mixing skills ;) I am working on it though and have managed to make some particularly 'lush' sounding melodies recently. I am also working on my composition which means less live recording and more planed out automations and changes. Means I'll be making less tracks but hopefully 'better' / more interesting ones. 

Elm Grove is damn groovy.SAW 1 vibes indeed.Smooth stuff,nice sounding melos.

Fine little track.

Dont try stop making tracks its impossible and you will only end up hurting yourself hahahahaha

Yeah, it's a cool little track. Made a few recent ones with Ableton only presets or soft synths just because sometimes hardware is a pain in the ass... 

all of them are great, as always, but this one reminds of some forgotten time from my past, forgotten feeling that i'd like to experience again. you touched me deeply with this one...

Haha, very kind dude! Always nice to hear that a connection has been made  :beer:

• 5 months later...

these are sweet! i really like the simple purity of em, and the production sits somewhere really nice halfway between sounding like COMPUTER MUSIC and live/hardware, to me.. fave so far: pannier market, bideford. awesome drum sound!!

these are sweet! i really like the simple purity of em, and the production sits somewhere really nice halfway between sounding like COMPUTER MUSIC and live/hardware, to me.. fave so far: pannier market, bideford. awesome drum sound!!

Cheers dude. Not sure what the difference is between computer music and live/hardware? The drums on pannier market are from Analog Rytm which I just sold lol. 

Thursday morning workout. Still getting to grips with what I want to do, how to do it and how to change things efficiently. 

However there are some interesting sounds and rhythms in here. Just need to refine it/vary things a bit but that will come with time and practice.

Great work as always, Mr.Ord!

Have you sold all your hardware for modular? (or what were you using for livejam17.1112?)

Loving the other software/VST stuff, especially digging Electro Sonata No. 1.1

Great work as always, Mr.Ord!

Have you sold all your hardware for modular? (or what were you using for livejam17.1112?)

Loving the other software/VST stuff, especially digging Electro Sonata No. 1.1

Yo, thanks mate  :beer: Sometimes you want to make something elaborate and sometimes you want to make a tune from bed with a laptop... 

I've sold most but not all. Kept a few of my favourites and just experimenting with the modular side. Have learned a lot and tbf that's been just as fun as jamming stuff. Next step is combining the modular weirdness with more structural/compositional hardware. 

livejam is good stuff! Simple but energetic and playful, kept me digging it the whole time. 

The three tracks posted a couple days ago are good as well, nice writing and atmosphere on each of them, melodies a la dorsia was my favorite, felt pretty involved. The other two were a touch too SAW1/RDJ album feel for me maybe? Good tracks but seemed a little too close to that sound at first blush. Keep it up dude :)

Archived