IGNORED

Jean-Benoit Dunckel - H+ (½ of Air)

fumi

Surprised this didn't get posted. Very 'Air' like. Unsurprisingly. Good, dreamy pop.

53e945541af13e6ec9c8b2b01963af60.jpg

This year marks 20 years since the release of French duo Air’s landmark album, Moon Safari. While that LP is getting a special glow-in-the-dark 20th anniversary vinyl edition to mark the occasion, Air co-founder JB Dunckel has also just released his latest solo album, H+.

Written in the four years since Air’s last album, Music For Museum – released through The Vinyl Factory – H+ takes its name from the symbol for transhumanism (a movement that believes the human body can be improved with technological augmentation) and explores utopian themes.

While the album deals with futuristic ideas, the music was created with more vintage means. As the behind-the-scenes interview below shows, Dunckel utilized an array of vintage hardware such as Korg’s MS-20 and EMT 245 Digital Reverberator from 1979 across the course of the album. Prepare for serious studio envy.

one of the worst covers ive seen in my life, what is he doing riding a crystal phallus ?

music sounds also horrible  , ultra cheesy dream pop with boring vocals

I've always liked Air and their slightly, odd and wistful, future-retro style. Yeah, it's ultra cheesy, dream pop - but that's their signature sound. If you don't like any of their previous stuff, you're not gonna like this. I've always thought some it to be very tongue-in-cheek and deliberately pretentious. 

I've always liked Air and their slightly, odd and wistful, future-retro style. Yeah, it's ultra cheesy, dream pop - but that's their signature sound. If you don't like any of their previous stuff, you're not gonna like this. I've always thought some it to be very tongue-in-cheek and deliberately pretentious.

I also love Air but they are uncomparable to this crap 

but yeah the other half Nicolas Godin seems to make cool stuff, sounds like rock mixed with baroque and 8bit sounds.

Archived