IGNORED

@11:10 Autechre 2016 Helsinki

eczem

I'm a little obsessed with this moment in this set. The prominent timbre(s) is so morphing and swirling, and the percussive hits are so perfectly placed in time. It builds pressure so well also. Exemplifies the apex of something structural to me. Not to detract from the entire set, because it's truly amazing.

I'm crossing my fingers that they decide to keep adding to the AE_LIVE discography. There's something about they way the structure the flow between scenes/songs that appeals to my attention span or lack thereof. Like, I can listen to a 20 minute track llke tt1pd, and it doesn't feel long at all, but at the same time, i like how the AE_LIVE sets evolve quickly. I honestly enjoy listening to the recordings of them more than i actually enjoyed being at the LA show, for various reasons.

I am hoping for soundboards too (as anyone else). I don't see why they wouldn't release some of them. They said it in an interview. Question is how long will we have to wait. Will their next tour make use of the same patches as the OneSix and the recent tour? Can't imagine that they will release soundboards before they are done playing this set. Patience is advised as the NTS CDs haven't even shipped yet. I guess it will take quite a couple of months or even a year until we get 'em soundboards. Until then I masurbat ina corn

Will their next tour make use of the same patches as the OneSix and the recent tour? Can't imagine that they will release soundboards before they are done playing this set. 

That's true, the most recent tour (Australia, etc) does seem like it's part of the same sonic continuum as OneSix

i really hope they'll release onesix sb!

off_topic: nice tracks you got on your sc page, eczem. i dont know how known you are but you should be well known imo

@xox thanks man, that's pretty awesome of you to say.

One of my goals for the next year or so is to a proper release. I'm nearly done with college/university, so i should have more time. I know i need to put more work in, in terms of actual composition; i'm not really satisfied with my output yet.  Also mixing and post-production are weak areas. Sometimes i wonder if what i'm doing is too closely coupled to my influences also. I do know that i have a drive to create something, and i never get tired of tweaking sounds and timbres.

I honestly feel like, for a long time now,  I've been battling forces keeping me from doing what i want to do the most, which is make music/sound. Or put another way, i've always only had one foot in, one foot in other things like work, school, and programming, but that's true for most of us.

I'm a little obsessed with this moment in this set. The prominent timbre(s) is so morphing and swirling, and the percussive hits are so perfectly placed in time. It builds pressure so well also. Exemplifies the apex of something structural to me. Not to detract from the entire set, because it's truly amazing.

I'm crossing my fingers that they decide to keep adding to the AE_LIVE discography. There's something about they way the structure the flow between scenes/songs that appeals to my attention span or lack thereof. Like, I can listen to a 20 minute track llke tt1pd, and it doesn't feel long at all, but at the same time, i like how the AE_LIVE sets evolve quickly. I honestly enjoy listening to the recordings of them more than i actually enjoyed being at the LA show, for various reasons.

one of their top hip hop moments ever and my main argument against seated live sets! how can you stand still listening to this?

i have specifically edited out this part to share with friends, what a coincidence...

One of my goals for the next year or so is to a proper release. I'm nearly done with college/university, so i should have more time. I know i need to put more work in, in terms of actual composition; i'm not really satisfied with my output yet. Also mixing and post-production are weak areas. Sometimes i wonder if what i'm doing is too closely coupled to my influences also. I do know that i have a drive to create something, and i never get tired of tweaking sounds and timbres.

I honestly feel like, for a long time now, I've been battling forces keeping me from doing what i want to do the most, which is make music/sound. Or put another way, i've always only had one foot in, one foot in other things like work, school, and programming, but that's true for most of us.

imo your mixing is good enough. do you use programming in music production?

also, i thought that i'll have more time after college but now i see that that i never had more time for music than while i was studying

Also, i thought that i'll have more time after college but now i see that that i never had more time for music than while i was studying

Ain't that a fact. But instead I just sat around smoking weed and watching Simpsons repeats and Star Trek.

One of my goals for the next year or so is to a proper release. I'm nearly done with college/university, so i should have more time. I know i need to put more work in, in terms of actual composition; i'm not really satisfied with my output yet. Also mixing and post-production are weak areas. Sometimes i wonder if what i'm doing is too closely coupled to my influences also. I do know that i have a drive to create something, and i never get tired of tweaking sounds and timbres.

I honestly feel like, for a long time now, I've been battling forces keeping me from doing what i want to do the most, which is make music/sound. Or put another way, i've always only had one foot in, one foot in other things like work, school, and programming, but that's true for most of us.

imo your mixing is good enough. do you use programming in music production?

also, i thought that i'll have more time after college but now i see that that i never had more time for music than while i was studying

@programming, mostly no, but I have done some things related to audio and midi programming. For example, i programmed a microcontroller (Arduino UNO/ATmega328p) to be a simple random() based MIDI sequencer, but it wasn't interesting/sophisticated enough for me to actually use in most cases. I have a cortex M4 I wanted to try and do some dsp synthesis stuff on, but i haven't gotten around to it.

I've been dabbling in Max and PD, but not sure if that counts. I've seen some JavaScript stuff in gen~ that looks interesting, definitely an avenue i'd like to explore. My trouble is laziness. I'll build something basic and shoddy in Max and then i want to jam the hell out of it.

I get what you mean about college, but for me I've also had to work near full time on top of it, so i expect my raw amount of free time to increase.... but yeah, i think the insight is we always think we're going to have more time later but it rarely turns out to be the case.

one of their top hip hop moments ever and my main argument against seated live sets! how can you stand still listening to this?

i have specifically edited out this part to share with friends, what a coincidence...

Yup, it's that good.

@seated, i guess it depends. The crowd in LA in 2015 was so obnoxious though. So many people just standing around and blabbing during Cygnus and Ae. Since americans typically don't dance unless it's EDM®, it might as well be seated. Although, the 2008 show was pretty dope and it was standing ...not sure what my point is anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX8NMaGEs6g&t=11m10s

The 2016 set definitely benefits from repeated listenings; very next level stuff. Soundboards please=take my $$$

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived