IGNORED

TAFKAMP - Indrukken

paranoid-666

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

really good stuff.

been listening to this for a while, but couldn't remember have seen posted on watmm. wanted to start a thread, but this one's already made.

i get the impression that quite a bunch of people are sleeping on this. so please check the bandcamp.

Really should grab this. Was on my SC recommendations a while ago. Usually those go pretty meh but TAFKAMP was a nice surprise. Has some great stuff there:

287 Tracks ?

Not sure what to make of this. It's all over the place and not really going anywhere, but the person who made it is definitely talented.

• 1 month later...

Naar De Klote (Gewoon)

On 6/14/2019 at 3:15 PM, rhmilo said:

Not sure what to make of this. It's all over the place and not really going anywhere, but the person who made it is definitely talented.

I don't think there's much more to it. It's a compilation, titled "Impressions", of stuff that's accumulated over several years, probably because it didn't fit on his club 12-inches. No real unifying theme or concept to it, if that's what you were looking for.

And it being such a haphazardly compiled bunch of tracks might well be why I like it so much. If I wanted 10+ tracks of the same Dark Days era Legowelt style I would just listen to the original. But this thing makes TAFKAMP sound like a regular polymath of niche techno/house/jungle genres. I listen to it kind of rarely and there are some surprises every single time.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

it was a huge pleasure to find this topic during the time it came out (yeah it's mine ?), to see that music will land with the freaks without the use of PR or any other promotion tool/platform other than the digital/physical record shops was a huge eye opener for me. thanks for all your kind words, i'm happy to let you know the album is out on 2x12" as of today (available thru your favorite local record dealer). cut on DMM by Rinus Hooning from Record Industry, for those who care. anyway, not here to shove any music down anyone's throat, just sharing my appreciation!! x

Edited by TAFKAMP
  • Like 2