IGNORED

This will be my music shelf

neanae

• 2 weeks later...

Nice shelf. I think the repeating druggy vocal sample could be dialed back a little, and used more sparingly. Pretty gud.

agree with both comments. good vibe, needs more variety and something to lead the track. i like the pad at the end but that should enter in more prominently way earlier. the 'sss' parts of the speech sample are a bit harsh on the ears too.

guys, i am very happy that you took the time to give this a listen and provide some very interesting and helpful feedback, for which i thank you greatly! :D

you will find this funny butt somehow i agree with you all, as sometimes i feel as if the track would benefit from some more variation, other times i just fall into that state where it seems it's moving quite a lot, other times i hate that drugged bitch, and at other moments she feels like the love of my life :))

i managed to get some time to work on this new thing, which i will leave here. looking forward to hearing some opinions (i'm curious if you guys find that some of the things you mentioned above repeat in this one as well) cheers and thank you!

i like that one a lot. though its still repetitive it holds the vibe better. if you pushed some of the synth elements higher in the mix i think it'd work better (the pulsing and/or plucked sounds mainly).

• 2 weeks later...

hello! finally got some time to sit down and mess around. here's an update on my last post, which i think is turning out quite nicely. let me know what you think! cheers, and have a good one!

• 3 months later...

tasty hissing sounds, like supercharged vinyl noise. very subtle variations going on.

balada acolada seems to be some kind of remix? i enjoy that one too and wonder if these could be mashed together in one track, like part 1 & part 2 of the same theme

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again! Thank you Milky, your ideea was really inspiring, it got me thinking about combining some other projects, and the result so far is this

I really had fun doing this :D this is by far the best advice i picked up from here. I'm thinking of adding some more stuff to it, looking forward to that. Cheers!

Thank you mattikarkk! i know i'm lacking in the variation, it's been an old bad habit of mine :)) working on it, and hopefully things wil improve. i'm still trying to figure some stuff out as i go along. (the arranggement is like a place where i can and always get lost in ) cheers for the comments, and have a good one!

Hello! It's been a while. Hope you guys are doing good. I'll cut the small talk and just leave this with you guys here. Looking forward to your opinions and suggestions as always. Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/newtosss-1/acolada

Really nice production here, all sits together very well.

To justify the full 7-minute long track length, all it needs is some progression,  feeding your sounds in and out. Do that, and you're onto a winner :)

Thank you Juventae! i'm gad to hear positive comments about this one! it's been sitting idlle for some time, i'm not realy sure how to go about structuring it, and i've decided that i won't touch it until i get a good ideea about how i'm going to aproach it, so i won't mess it up :))

sometimes i feel as if the track would benefit from some more variation, other times i just fall into that state where it seems it's moving quite a lot, other times i hate that drugged bitch, and at other moments she feels like the love of my life :))

I often listen to my stuff too much till I'm just tired of hearing it and I lose all bairing on what I want to do with it. I find I have to put it down for at least half a day and then when I go back to it I have to try to be in the moment as best I can. Usually when I come back to it like that it starts to become clear what needs to be done pretty quickly.

Idk if anybody else has this problem but I can become invested in how a track is, and find it hard to change parts that should be changed. To move past that I just save a new version and then feel I can hack away at it without fear of losing what it was.

Idk, the way you described your cycling thoughts on the task I thought maybe that would be relevant.

JohnJensen, i can empathise with you. I'm no stranger to what you are saying, and indeed the best thing to do when you get to that point really is to walk away for a while ( of course, it's easier said than done :)) ) cheers man!

• 3 weeks later...

Slow Down is an excellent track, and I wouldn't change a thing (and if you do, treat it as a separate mix/version).  There's a lot of variety in the subtlety that keeps it interesting even through multiple listens.

i agree. i don't think it needs more variation. the drum production is terrific and it moves around enough for me.

Slow Down is an excellent track, and I wouldn't change a thing (and if you do, treat it as a separate mix/version).  There's a lot of variety in the subtlety that keeps it interesting even through multiple listens.

Archived