IGNORED

Interesting selection of books about computer music available on humbebundle.

o00o

Humble Bundle, the website that offers software and books for little money and gives some of the money to charity are currently running an offer with a range of books (ebooks and pdf) related to computer music. The books cover a really wide range of topics, the more you pay the more books you get.

Prices start at $1 (for 5 books) and go up to $15 for all of them (16). You can even nominate the charity. Check it out as you might find something that interests you.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/computer-music-books

Humble Bundle, the website that offers software and books for little money and gives some of the money to charity are currently running an offer with a range of books (ebooks and pdf) related to computer music. The books cover a really wide range of topics, the more you pay the more books you get.

Prices start at $1 (for 5 books) and go up to $15 for all of them (16). You can even nominate the charity. Check it out as you might find something that interests you.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/computer-music-books

Tks for the link Dude, there's way to find some dope stuff… 

Throwing out the Entorwellian bat signal to weigh in on the quality of these.

I bought that CSound book almost 20 years ago and I remember it being decent but dry, like so much about CSound.

I've read about half of those in the $15 bracket. I don't recommend them unless you're a comp sci. student. I didn't make it through the CSound one.

The psychoacoustics one looks interesting, but there are probably better books.

http://www.musimathics.com/ these series are my favourites for the theory aspect. They're a bit condensed, like a 100-200 level university course text, but they cover everything concisely and have references to launch off into different branches if anything in them interests you.

Throwing out the Entorwellian bat signal to weigh in on the quality of these.

I bought that CSound book almost 20 years ago and I remember it being decent but dry, like so much about CSound.

I've read about half of those in the $15 bracket. I don't recommend them unless you're a comp sci. student. I didn't make it through the CSound one.

The psychoacoustics one looks interesting, but there are probably better books.

http://www.musimathics.com/ these series are my favourites for the theory aspect. They're a bit condensed, like a 100-200 level university course text, but they cover everything concisely and have references to launch off into different branches if anything in them interests you.

Yes, thank you, I need to pick those up. I remember them being much more expensive for some reason, but really they're barely on the other side of instabuy.

• 2 weeks later...

wanted to extend my gratitude to you again, sir. Finished The Producer as Composer, learned some interesting stuff about Brian Eno's process and, surprisingly, that there was a very logical sonic method to the madness of Phil Spector's wall of sound antics. Took a look at the introduction to Music and Probability at work today, looking forward to reading it soon!

Archived