IGNORED

Aphex Twin - Interactive Installation

hijexx

The agency that created an interactive installation for the Collapse release did a walk through of how the project was created and executed. Pretty cool to see the design and tooling behind the scenes. RDJ had sent them samples to work with but apparently Warp thought it was "off brand" so it was changed out last minute to use clips from the Collapse songs.

That was great. I remember people who went saying that it was weird that they just played the track and it didn't really change with the visuals. Interesting to know that was Warp's idea. If I'm understanding correctly, the idea was to also mix in and out different samples Richard gave them as well with the visuals, but they could only use Collapse because of WARP?

Lol, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. It makes sense that it would be a track off of the album. I just think adding an audio component that shifts and modulates with the visuals would've been cooler. Either way, never had a chance of seeing it myself.

Archived