IGNORED

3 Vibert albums forthcoming

Velazquez

New AA is great, DBC 1 is amazing...

I love it when Luke strings together a bunch of samples from different sources all talking about the same thing, like on "God"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I thought there was a recent vibert release on bandcamp with Balkan that was just a bunch of breaks for ppl to make their own jungle w, but seems to have gone missing? did i imagine this..

15 minutes ago, Snickerfritz said:

Lids on tight for these last two. Anyone heard these in their entirety yet? Oh, everyone but me?

Not yet! But my vinyl shipped out a week or two ago. And it says all 3 albums shipped even though rave hop isn’t supposed to release until July 31. ?‍♂️

Some thoughts on the "Luke Vibert Presents" series. This is some really focused work. It's as if there's some internal logic that has been interpreted in four distinct styles. I say four because it occurs to me that these records are probably the continuation of the series that Luke began with "UK Garave Vol. 1," as it seems to have the same internal logic. I assume they were probably conceived to come out on a radically different schedule. Wonder what happened? Sitting here waiting for Rave Hop to drop...

• Like 1

Amen Andrews was fine, I enjoyed it, even if it's not one of my top albums Luke has done, it's much catchier and interesting compared to Modern Rave, which I found middling and didn't feel up to par in the silly, sample-filled style Luke has been a genius with for decades. Hope Rave Hop is something I'll like more.

I think Rave Hop is released next week.  

I agree with Squidward - Modern Rave is hit and miss, enjoyable but not top tier. When all the preview clips were released Mod Rave was the one I was looking forward to the least.   

On 7/3/2020 at 10:35 AM, Velazquez said:

I think Rave Hop is released next week.  

Really? Did it get pushed back? I think I'm supposed to get the vinyl in the mail today, so there's that...

2 hours ago, Snickerfritz said:

Really? Did it get pushed back? I think I'm supposed to get the vinyl in the mail today, so there's that...

just checked again - and it says 7/31 ... could've sworn it was slated for earlier date.  Just got the bleep glow in the dark vinyl for AA and Modern Rave.  Looking forward to Rave Hop a lot as the preview clips caught my ears immediately.  

Personally, Modern Rave is my favorite of the bunch, opinions and all. Better Forward gets me in the feels. Guessing opinions of Rave will be lukewarm too. It’s pretty tame.

Just now, Snickerfritz said:

Personally, Modern Rave is my favorite of the bunch, opinions and all. Oodles of delicious moments to me, and Better Forward gets me in the feels. Guessing opinions of Rave will be lukewarm too. It’s pretty tame.

• 2 weeks later...

Saved the best for last IMO, rave hop is the strongest of this batch (3). Still think I prefer garave tracks, I’m assuming that was meant to be the first in this “presents” series. Seems we got an expedited release schedule for some reason...

Edited by Hugh Mughnus