IGNORED

st epreo

does it happen to you sometimes that when you chew a peace of meat (mostly beef), you chew it a bit too long and eventually it'll turn into some mush with a funny taste and you can't bring yourself to swallow it, so you continue to chew it which worsens the dilemma? this is how st epreo sounds to me.

am i doing it wrong?

how to listen to it so it's not shite?

lol i wanted to delete everything leaky but it was still on the mobile mp3 player device :facepalm:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does it happen to you sometimes that when you chew a peace of meat (mostly beef), you chew it a bit too long and eventually it'll turn into some mush with a funny taste and you can't bring yourself to swallow it, so you continue to chew it which worsens the dilemma? this is how st epreo sounds to me.

am i doing it wrong?

how to listen to it so it's not shite?

lol i wanted to delete everything leaky but it was still on the mobile mp3 player device :facepalm:

LOL! Thought this was just gibberish at first but this is an incredibly accurate description of this track. This one's just not really doing it for me (yet?). Not a bad track, I'll not skip it, but yeah its a bit mediocre on first reaction. I like the kinda "Ka Kooh Kah!" noises though, if you know what I'm talking about. Almost sounds like someone's beatboxing with distortion overtop.

^ don't know the track length… it's a kind of aggressive track in the last third.

.."Ka Kooh Kah!" ...

yeah these are kinda mildly enjoyable actually… but oh.. these oooooohs in the background *shudder* and the distorted fart of a "bassline"….

i'm glad Autechre are finally taking cues from Nommo ogo :wink: , i seriously think they listened to them at some point in their past because of how much like nommo ogo this track sounds.

it would make a little bit of sense, OSt/dalglish was on Isolate records with nommo ogo and Autechre kind of took OSt/dalglish under their wing around 2001 for ATP and the confield tour

even though its full electronic and synth based it has a kind of a black-metal ballady vibe to it , mostly the type of black metal stuff that are like synth or acoustic guitar interludes for the harder stuff. they're one of the only acts i know of that use black metal as an inspiration to make electronic music without going the Aaron Spectre, Hecate or industrial/rock route. its just super atmospheric and gloomy electronic music

St epreo sounds like Ae has been listening to black metal and dopplereffekt and nommo ogo while on lsd. it makes me very happy. the track hasn't fully clicked with me yet though, its too distracting how much like an ogo track it is! in time it will im sure once i get over that

phling here are some free ogo songs from their website

http://www.nommoogo.org/audio/download/71/6._going_by_goat.mp3

http://www.nommoogo.org/audio/download/78/1._Induction.mp3

http://www.nommoogo.org/audio/download/79/WEREEEL_2004.MP3 (live halloween 2004)

these are bad comparisons to st epreo though, only free shit i could find

a good companion to d-sho qub, which is looking to be my favourite from the album.

My favorite too, that chorus coming in at the end is so surprising and great.

this track was immediately one of my favorites on the album.. it's probably the last strong track on the album (for my ears anyway).. although i do like yuop once it gets going, and hopefully the final version of that will sound a bit more polisehed

i do listen to a lot of krautrock, that may have some bearing on my tastes, although krautrock instantly appealed to me as well..

i didn't like this track at first... in order to like it i had to disassemble my headphones and rewire almost everything (just rip wires off their solder points and connect them to others). romp about in there for a good two hours then assemble the cups again and voila! if it gets really noisy, try again. if it explodes your ear drums, it's working!

i do listen to a lot of krautrock, that may have some bearing on my tastes, although krautrock instantly appealed to me as well..

autechre are basically a modern krautrock band imo. a lot of similar textures and ideas.

anybody else getting a strong Popol Vuh Aguirre intro song vibe from that choir intro to St epreo ?

yeah, or mellotron choir or something. actually it would have been more awesome if they made it with an actual mellotron!

if you need to ask an internet forum how to listen to a piece of music, you probably won't ever like it.

edit: no i take that back actually... listen to tangerine dream's phaedra, maybe some cluster, E2-E4 by manuel gottschung, popul vuh... and it makes more sense; maybe the reason this album made more or less immediate sense to me was because i was very very familiar with krautrock/crazy late 70s electronic music before listening.

Archived