IGNORED

Boardwalk Empire

chenGOD

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

This shows quality levels are off the charts. I was shocked watching it last night how flawlessly artistic everything seemed. The cinematography is amazing, the colors seem kind of muted at times giving that 20s feel and then you will see some colors that pops out a bit in such a perfect way, the acting A++, the casting is fucking great obviously, great writing/story so far as well. Wow.

And about the colors popping out, It was nothing like Sin City or anything. I just don't know how to describe it, there was a few scenes that had colors jump out really subtly that I cannot let go of. This specific moment of green in the water wont leave my brain 12 hours later.

yeah and this has Omar in it.

Omar coming!!

I love Omar. Still have to see the last episode of the Wire.

Boardwalk.Empire.S01E01.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE

?

Guest Dirty Protest

Im glad you made this thread, I was watching The Road a couple of nights ago and it made me look to see what Micheal Williams was doing now and this seemed interesting. Is the pilot being reaired as the first episode, or do I have do DL lasts years first?

This was the first episode. It was really great, and yes, that shotgun was brutal as hell. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this.

ps: motherfucking Eastbound and Down later this week!

Horrible second episode...I fear this will be short-lived fun. It has all the generic trappings of HBO shit, which means it's business as usual (everybody loves it) but it's also very lazy.

Guest disparaissant

im finally getting around to watching this, didnt plan on it but it was right above "bored to death" on hbo on demand and has steve buscemi so what's the harm. whoever said generic HBO nailed it. it's good, but lazy good. kinda reminds me of carnivale but it doesn't even have the crazy x-files in the 30s vibe.

2nd season of bored to death, on the other hand, started off fucking awesome.

Guest disparaissant

hey, is true blood any good? 6 feet under was a good show to watch with the gf...

it started off okay but got old really fast and now i can't stand it. not even close to the same level as six feet under.

watched ep1 last night. undewhelmed

Then don't stick around for episode 2...

By the way, Tim Van Patten directed the second one and yes, he's a "director for hire" from the HBO stable.

I also caught the first 20 minutes of Bored to Death and was loling a lot, to my very big surprise. It looks like a great show. Maybe I'll check that out.

i really did think episode one was good enough. episode 2 was somewhat depressing in it's terribleness.

but think about this, sopranos didn't start of wonderful. we might look back but remember those first few episodes weren't exactly "incredible."

of course it went on to become one of the greatest works of art fuckin ever motherfuckers

i really think i'll need to check out "bored to death"

anyway, lets give it time to breathe / grow.

while we're on the topic of TV, does anyone find it difficult to grasp why Mad Men is considered such a great show? i mean yeah, it has its moments and sometimes it's great, but 90% of the time NOTHING HAPPENS! (not in a good way, in a boring, shit way)

Archived