IGNORED

Blur - The Magic Whip

Stock

THEY'RE BACK (with Graham Coxon !!!) I'm pretty fucking excited :yeah::yeah::yeah:

bd67996a.jpg

01. Lonesome Street

02. New World Towers
03. Go Out
04. Ice Cream Man
05. Thought I Was A Spaceman
06. I Broadcast
07. My Terracotta Heart
08. There Are Too Many Of Us
09. Ghost Ship
10. Pyongyang
11. Ong Ong
12. Mirrorball

And the track Go Out is available :

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

OMG. can't listen to track yet but i am fucking stoked. any word on who's producing ?? when's release date? ??? ahhhh! my first favourite band ever have a new album :) happy to hear this!!! : )

Guest bitroast
April 27 release

Fans of Britpop pioneers Blur had reason to celebrate on 19 February, as the group announced details of their first album in 12 years, entitled The Magic Whip.

Describing the follow-up to 2003’s Think Tank as a return to “the way we recorded when we started,” Damon Albarn said that the album was similar in style to the music David Bowie made during his mid 70’s Berlin period.

Initially conceived in Hong Kong, during downtime following a cancelled show in Japan, the band spent five days laying down ideas. It wasn’t until Graham Coxon reprised these sessions and presented them to long-time producer Stephen Street, who went on to develop them with the guitarist, that they realised they might have material worthy of a new album.

“They did some editing and some production work and sent around the initial tracks and we all realised we’d done something quite special there,” said drummer Dave Rowntree. “There was 18 months [in-between recording the songs] which allowed us to have a bit of perspective on it. When they played it back, that was the time everyone got very excited.”

They already worked with Stephen Street on Modern Life Is Rubbish and Parklife. I'm really, really excited.

Plus the new song is great, even tho the video is pretty weird actually !

Guest bitroast

They already worked with Stephen Street on Modern Life Is Rubbish and Parklife. I'm really, really excited.

Plus the new song is great, even tho the video is pretty weird actually !

street for MLIR > parklife > the great escape > blur.

he was their go to producer up until they decided to mix things up a bit with 13.

o shit. it sounds like blur.

My thoughts exactly. It won't be one of those shitty rock-band-comebacks.

Plus it doens't sound exactly like something they could have done before and I'm really happy with that as well !

• 1 month later...

New track (and video) posted yesterday !!!

really interesting track imo, even tho it sounds like a new Gorillaz track being played by a rock band :music:

Guest Papillon

It's getting better and better with every track

!hyped!

Yeah these first two are really good, I'm glad they decided to release this. The world is a better place with new Blur tracks in it.

Great track, I'm sure it'll work perfectly as the album opener :music: They're still writing cute/catchy tunes and that's awesome imho !

Is this Graham Coxon singing around the 2:30 mark by the way ?

Nice read!

Some news on the Blur front : in France, the chainstore "FNAC" offers you an early access to buy tickets to Blur's Paris show in june if you pre order the album...
So I guess a tour is on the way :w00t: ???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived