IGNORED

PACIFICSCAPE

titch thomas

I captured this during a session today and quite like the vibe. I'll eventually go back and record a proper version with more drum edits, better mixing, etc (though I do enjoy the simplicity of it). Any comments are appreciated.

https://soundcloud.com/titch-thomas/pacificscape

TT

i like the poppy kick but dislike the weak snare and hat samples. the ping-pong delay line is nice and so is the pad. the synth that comes in around 2:08 is really harsh and thin and while i assume it's intentional it's sound nice if it were a bit thicker and had a tad more to it.

2:38 transformers-like vocal thing is cool and a couple of stand-out moments like this being added would help with the repitiveness.

could definitely do with a little mix work but nice stuff otherwise.

if it was me doing, i wouldn't have that pad that starts at the beginning so high, i would put a low-pass filter or something on it, it just feels too buzzy. maybe it fits here, though. besides that it's pleasing to me, the FM(?) bass is nice and it's fairly melodic. the mixing seems good enough to me. the snare and hat are fine for me as well. I often get bored by drums that are too repetitive, but this works for me. though maybe it would be better to at least put a little flourish every 4 bars.

Cheers for the feedback, everyone. I've gone back and re-recorded some bits, tweaked the mix the best I could, tweaked the snare, hats, etc. I may package it with some other recent tracks and throw them up on Bandcamp, if you're interested. I may upload another track up to Soundcloud in a moment as well (I made some recordings over the weekend I'm happy with).

I like your work man.

Thanks man. Likewise!

reminds me of some stuff from the eods series.

I love so much of his music, but that series really has some of the best recordings of his career. I can't wait for the WeMe LP. I greatly appreciate any comparison!

TT

reminds me of some stuff from the eods series.

I love so much of his music, but that series really has some of the best recordings of his career. I can't wait for the WeMe LP. I greatly appreciate any comparison!

TT

:beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived