IGNORED

The Future Sound of London - Music for 3 Books / Music from Calendars

purlieu

a3805627727_10.jpg
https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-3-books

Music for 3 Books compiles all 17 tracks originally released as bonus digital EPs when purchasing the first three Ramblings of a Madman zines/mini books, released between 2017-2019. They're compiled here as an album, available digitally, and also as a CD pre-order, shipping on 15th March.

The 2017-2020 Calendar Albums are also now available on Bandcamp as full releases. On each page is a pre-order for a vinyl release: "what was considered the best tracks have been selected from the 4 calendar albums and reassembled on the 180g vinyl", shipping on the same day.

Edited by purlieu
  • Like 4

• purlieu changed the title to The Future Sound of London - Music for 3 Books / Music from Calendars
On 2/5/2021 at 7:33 PM, purlieu said:

a3805627727_10.jpg
https://fsol.bandcamp.com/album/music-for-3-books

Music for 3 Books compiles all 17 tracks originally released as bonus digital EPs when purchasing the first three Ramblings of a Madman zines/mini books, released between 2017-2019. They're compiled here as an album, available digitally, and also as a CD pre-order, shipping on 15th March.

The 2017-2020 Calendar Albums are also now available on Bandcamp as full releases. On each page is a pre-order for a vinyl release: "what was considered the best tracks have been selected from the 4 calendar albums and reassembled on the 180g vinyl", shipping on the same day.

Nice! Is there any actual tracklisting for the vinyl compilation anywhere?

Not yet. I helped pick the tracklist, this was my suggestion:

Artificial Placement of Emotion
Surrounding the Garden is a Fog
Frozen Air
Rainy Third St.
Commensalism
The Listening Room
Wait
303 hf5
Blacked Out Window
Memories of a Yesterday
Intermodal Container
The Shed
Obtainable
The New Normal

Brian's confirmed the first three are definitely on it, but is leaving the rest as a surprise. But I think it'll feature quite a few of those.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Six of my suggestions were included. Full tracklist:
Frozen Air
Surrounding The Garden Is A Fog
Artificial Placement Of Emotion
Blacked Out Windows
Commensalism
Near Field
Alertions
Riverbed
Obscured By Dark Intervals
Propagate
Memories Of Yesterday

Seems it'll be coming out on CD as well as LP too. It's beginning to get into the distribution chain now (international release 14th May) so I'd imagine copies bought from Bandcamp will be shipping some point this month. Covid-related manufacturing delays, unsurprisingly. No idea when a CD pre-order will be up on FSOLDigital.

Slightly updated artwork for the physical versions:

104-5.jpg
126-5.jpg

On 2/7/2021 at 1:21 PM, purlieu said:

I helped pick the tracklist

Always nice to see new FSOL stuff surfacing, no matter if it's archival material or not. Btw, has that frantic, cut-up "We have explosive" version been released yet? I am talking about the one opening " Electric Brain Storms Vol.1" as a snippet, entitled "We Have Explosive (2" Tape Reels Version)".
I do have a full length low quality mp3 rip ripped from when they had uploaded it in their Myspace aaages ago and I'd love to have it in good quality. I also think it has been requested by other members around here (such as mcbpete) years ago so if it's STILL not released and you are in the position of letting the powers that be know there's interest about it, it'd be nice!

Edited by Disappearer

I do ask about the 2" Tape Reels album from time to time, Brian says it's still in the pipeline. There's so much still 'in the pipeline', though, that I wouldn't hold your breath. There's always a chance that that particular track could appear elsewhere, though...

• 2 weeks later...